Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

IMG_7311.JPG
IMG_7272.JPG
Can I be pretty sure that this one is a pullet? Now 11 weeks

Welp, Amelia and Ainsley are now just over 10 weeks old!!! It's amazing that they looked so different as newly hatched chicks, and now they look so similar! But there's a few features that set them apart.

Amelia: Her barring has faded away to more of a solid reddish-tan with black speckles on her back half, with some penciled feathers around her neck. She has adorable cheek tufts, and her comb is a single row of slightly raised peas.
View attachment 1053902

Ainsley: Her neck and back are starting to fill in with black penciling, and she still has the dark red wash on her wings. She has muffs and a small grey-ish beard, and her pea comb is a little wider and flat.View attachment 1053903

Still pullet-y?
I have one that is very similar to your 2 that is now 18 weeks and coming close to lay as she is now squatting and getting redder in the face, this was her a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• Motzart 15 weeks 1.jpg
    Motzart 15 weeks 1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 29
Thoughts on this 9 week EE? I'm nervous with the look of a 3 row comb and feathering! Pullet or Cockerel?

Attachments

• IMG_7641.JPG
    IMG_7641.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7642.JPG
    IMG_7642.JPG
    632.9 KB · Views: 32
Thoughts on this 9 week EE? I'm nervous with the look of a 3 row comb and feathering! Pullet or Cockerel?
It looks like a pullet to me. The comb is still small, despite the extra rows and the coloring on the wings is uniform and not the darker red that roosters get. I have a pullet that looks very similar.

Back
Top Bottom