Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Illia Can you check out post 824 and the next couple after that for me, You asked me to post back. in a few weeks so there they are.

I think we are still undecided if this is a ee or not because of the color. Would it be a oegb or ee or maybe a mix? Such a nice and friendly loving bird who's around 6-7ish weeks old.

Could anyone help me out with sexing these EE chicks? I am pretty sure that the brown one is a pullet and that the black one is a rooster, but am unsure about the black and white one. Also, if anyone located around Olympia/Seattle, WA or Portland, OR is interested in giving these chicks a loving home, let me know! We may end up keeping one or two of them, but will probably need to re-home at least one.

These chicks are about 5 weeks old.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, agreed.

RedBarnFarms - looks like an OEGB or OEGB mix.

Joe.G - I looked for several pages and couldn't find it, could you direct me to a post # ?

Edited - Okay, went through your photos -

This looks like a boy and btw, congrats and nice photo!

This chick here, pick it up and personally inspect that back. Are any of those feathers glossy when you move the body around? If they are, definite boy. It appears from here as if there's a few baby saddles in there but I can't fully tell, the color however looks boyish too, especially if that handsome BBR colored male is dad that I saw your album.

Last edited:
These two chicks hatched out of green/blue bantam eggs 3 1/2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me if they are little pullets or roos, or is it too early.

Chipmunk

Closeup of Chipmunk's comb

And Pansy

These two chicks hatched out of green/blue bantam eggs 3 1/2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me if they are little pullets or roos, or is it too early.

Chipmunk

Closeup of Chipmunk's comb

And Pansy
I believe Chipmunk is a roo and Pansy may be a pullet. A frontal pic of Pansy would be useful but it may be early to tell too.

My 2 EE's. Any ideas? They are 3 weeks. Too early to tell?

I thought this was the cockerel, but thinking pullet now.

This one is super loud and mouthy when you seperate him/her from the others. Thinking behaviour might mean cockeral?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom