Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Aubjava
The black and black&white have very deffinet straight combs, they don't look like EE. Did you hatch them, or purchase them?

When we bought them when they were just about to hatch; the seller told us they were EEs and the eggs were blue, so I never really thought to question whether or not they actually are Easter Eggers. We put the eggs under our silkie and they hatched about 24 hours later.

I guess they could be EEs mixed with some non-colored egg laying chicken?

Both Nielson6 and echip - Your first one is a likely cockerel, second not fully sure yet, but yes, they're too young to be sure on.

Wow echip your EE Chipmunks comb is already turning red my EE is the same age as yours and its still yellow. (I just took this pic today.) Mine hatched out either 4/24 or 4/25 or so I was told.

Illia I ll look in a day or two it's dark when I get home. Do you think the rest are Hens? and this one Maybe a Roo? The comb is still very small on all of them.

I got 11 EE eggs from my friend for my broody hen to sit on. 10 hatched, all various shade of chipmunks. My question is, when do you look for the patchy orange/red on the wing? This one already has it a little at 3 weeks. Is that a roo sign or is it too early?

Illa, I have a bunch of Green egg laying Naked Neck Turkens. The breeder is a poultry judge and is very well respected. I can not WAIT to get coloured eggs! I am not sure whether to call them Naked Necks or just EE's. Though the green egg was bred into them 5 years back, so they are 99% Naked Necks 1% Araucana Most have pea combs, a couple of them have single combs. Would this also be indicative of the blue/green egg laying gene? He does not breed anything that does not lay the coloured eggs (in this breed) - so all were hatched from green eggs. The father has the brown egg gene - as he is not related to the girls.
_MG_7929.jpg
_MG_7985.jpg

I posted this on another thread wondering what color this chick is here at about 6 weeks old. Aoxa said Illa over here could probably tell me. So, Illa, do you have any ideas??? OR...anyone else???

I posted this on another thread wondering what color this chick is here at about 6 weeks old. Aoxa said Illa over here could probably tell me. So, Illa, do you have any ideas??? OR...anyone else???

At 6 weeks old I'd say girl. Coloring is girly and thre is no enlarged, red/pink comb yet. I was able to tell my EE boys by 3-4 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom