Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

chickenstew - Too young but it might, just might be a boy. I'd wait.

ESofVA - Looks kinda girly so far but it also looks kinda scraggly to tell. The comb is pretty small though.

Joe.G - If I remember right, yes, the rest are pullets.

My 4 EE's are 4 weeks old today. Wondering on genders....posting pics at 5 days and today at 4 weeks!

"Butters" at 5 days old....the at 4 weeks....

"Chippy" at 5 days then at 4 weeks

"Taz" at 5 days the at 4 weeks....

And last but not least! "Cheeks" at 5 days then at 4 weeks....

My 4 EE's are 4 weeks old today.  Wondering on genders....posting pics at 5 days and today at 4 weeks!

"Butters" at 5 days old....the at 4 weeks....

"Chippy" at 5 days then at 4 weeks

"Taz" at 5 days the at 4 weeks....

And last but not least! "Cheeks" at 5 days then at 4 weeks....

The only one I would suspect at this age (still seems too young) would be Taz.

I am commenting because I once had a kitten named Butters. I named him that because I caught him licking the open butter on the kitchen table when he was 4 weeks old. Should have called him Buggers :rolleyes:

ok, so I'm confused. I thought this chicks coloring was a girl color. Mine looks like this one, with the orangey spots on her wings and she is getting orangey on her chest. I have posted pictures of her before and always get told she looks pullet. What is the deal with the little orange spots on her wings?

So this isn't showing the orange spots, I think I will update a photo later. This was from last week....and they grow so fast. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is an updated photo. She has the orange dots on her wings. And her chest is getting orangish. She is now 7 1/2 weeks old.

I just wondered because a few pages back someone posted a picture of a chicken with the exact same orange spots and they said it was a he. Can you tell me why you think this is a pullet? Just trying to learn. Thanks!

Here is an updated photo.  She has the orange dots on her wings.  And her chest is getting orangish.  She is now 7 1/2 weeks old.

I just wondered because a few pages back someone posted a picture of a chicken with the exact same orange spots and they said it was a he.  Can you tell me why you think this is a pullet?  Just trying to learn.  Thanks!
Boys have RED blotches, not orange ones - and they are bigger than just 'spots' :) You have yourself a very commonly coloured EE pullet. Boys will not have this pattern.

Here is Princess Beyonce About 6 Weeks. (Name Comes From The Show Raising Hope) Hopefully She'll Keep The Name and We Won't Have To Change To Prince Jay-Z ;)

What Do You Guys Think? Pullet?

Back
Top Bottom