Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Quote: Sure... don't give up hope
gig.gif

Can females have green in their tail feathers? I have a 9 wk old pullet and I noticed a greenish hue in her tail today. These pics were taken at 7 weeks, does she look like she is a he? The one in question is on the left in the last pic.

Those are both pullets. Yes! All birds with black should have a green sheen. I have some Lavender splits (visually black) and all the pullets are GREEN LOL. They are so pretty too.

Hi I was wondering if you guys could help we sex my 2 EE.

Here is S'mores

I think that S'mores might be a roo. Because the legs are a lot thicker than Choco's, s/he is the last to have his tail feathers and shoulder feathers come in.

Here is Choco

Any suggestions would be nice or if it is too early please let me know. Thanks!!

S'mores is a cockerel. The white patches coming in on the wings are as big of a tell as when those same patches are brick red. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. Choco is a pullet.

Hi I was wondering if you guys could help we sex my 2 EE.
Here is S'mores

I think that S'mores might be a roo. Because the legs are a lot thicker than Choco's, s/he is the last to have his tail feathers and shoulder feathers come in.
Here is Choco

Any suggestions would be nice or if it is too early please let me know. Thanks!!
Ist one looks roo. Roos are slow to develope feathers on their shoulders and neck area. They have thicker legs that look too big for them. Also, his comb is already pretty "bumpy". Here is my roo at the same age.

See how naked his neck and shoulders are? That is classic roo development. Here he is now at 15 weeks....

I posted awhile back about my Penny, Racing Stripe, Fluff Head and Speckle- here are some more recent pictures- Penny is about 12 weeks in the pictures and the rest are about 10. I'm still thinking everyone is a girl!!

Here are 2 of Speckle-

Here is Fluffhead

Here is Penny.... (Gerda my barred rock in the background- hope she's not a he!)

Here is Racing Stripe

And one more of Penny!

Back
Top Bottom