Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I posted a few weeks ago with Bella and people seemed split - "she" is about 3 months old now (not entirely sure about her age). what do you think girl or boy?

I think s/he is gorgeous! What striking colors! My first impression was pullet. My EE cockerel had prominent saddle feathers by this age. So I think she looks like a very pretty pullet.

I posted a few weeks ago with Bella and people seemed split - "she" is about 3 months old now (not entirely sure about her age). what do you think girl or boy?

She looks almost exactly like my Esmeralda did at that age! She had me guessing for months! You have a very pretty pullet.

Last edited:
Those do look like saddle feathers
sad.png

I know. Not to mention...Harpo and Camo got into a very roo-ish looking squabble the other day.

Here's another 'boy' pic for comparison purposes - yes, he has a naked neck, but he's 3/4 EE from Americauna roo X EE/NN pullet. Pea comb, green legs. Good example of 'red coming in on the wings' and he's only four weeks old. =)

OK so no time to read through all 1555 posts, I did read about 400 :)

I'm pretty sure my two EEs are girls. Ideal insists they are Ameraucana because there is no EE breed. Yeah, we know that :)
EE or Ameraucana, I'll be happiest if they managed 100% accuracy on sexing the 12 chicks.
smile.png

In any case they were nearly identical chimpmunks when we got them 2 days old but they are sure different now! Wondering what color/pattern they are (10 weeks in 2 days):

Andromeda (today)

(This was at 8 weeks):

Persephone

I've got three EE or Ameraucanas, as they were sold to me. I'm not worried if they are EEs, I really like them. I have a black, brown and a white. I thought they were all pullets but now I'm having doubts. Particularly about the white one, Pecky.

Here are some photos, maybe someone will have an idea. All friendly, all eat bugs from my hand and all like to be pet and held for the most part. None act like roosters.

The three amigos. Sorry it's blurry.

Priscilla

another one of Priscilla and Claire's back

Claire

Priscilla from the side

Pecky and Claire

Pecky, see that hint of brown? Is that something I should be worrying about :0

Claire- "are you done yet?" I think she's had enough photos...

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom