Easter Egger??

amandad37

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2015
The young lady I got her from said Easter Egger and of course I believe her and it doesn't really matter the breed I just wanted some hens. I just thought I would ask what you all think. I guess the tell tell truth will come when she starts laying again.

I tried had some trouble with my phone, that's the only internet I have. I tried researching chicks when I look up pics on bantams that cute little chipmunk pattern shows up on several types, its so confusing. And my black ones I cant find any info on them if they will stay black, what some having black legs and a little flat black bump for a comb means. I got them at tsc in a mixed tub so I am stumped on most. The 2 silkies were easy 5 toes and extra fluffy lol 1 is blue grey the other is brown and red, the D,Uccle was easy it has fluffy cheeks feathered legs and was a yellow and grey. None are very old the youngest we haven't even had a week the oldest we had 3 weeks it was the last bantam there so they let us buy just it, we kept it with our regular chicks till we got it friends. The newest barely have any wing feathers some are starting to get tail feathers. We have them inside since they're all so tiny. We are in the process of turning an old little tikes play house into there house. This is my first attempt raising chicks regular bantam and we got ducklings. I adore my ducklings they are so sweet, they call out for me will climb into my hands to be picked up they love human interaction and I think they have sort of adopted me as mom, they greet me every time I come in with lots of chatter and tail wagging. I wish I could get the bantams that friendly they run from me everytime I pick them up. I check daily for pasty butt had to clean a few with a wet q tip. I guess bantams just aren't as people friendly as ducklings

I have found the bantams to be very friendly and my last three batches of chicks have had me switch over to them.
I like that they are so small and don't eat much plus they are very talkative.
I have golden sebrights,porcelain belgian bearded d'uccle, Mille Fleur d'uccle, oeg,cochin and a few crosses from the cochin / Porcelain belgians that push each other out of the way to get me to pick them up and carry them around. All love to talk to me anytime I'm near them. Juliana posing for me when I asked her to. Really

Sorry to intrude on someone else post I am new and haven't figured out how to post my own. With bantam chicks how can you tell an ee from oeg I want some of those cute little chipmunk pattern to go with my mixed flock of bantam chicks have a couple silkies, 2 yellow chicks, 5 black some have black legs and flat spots instead of little combs, 1 porcelain colored D'Uccle and a white cochin missing a toe. I don't know what any of the black ones could be or the 2 yellow chicks that look like they're turning all white. One of my black ones is turning grey by the feathers. We got one little chipmunk but it died a few hrs later it was very tiny and wobbly when we got it so were going back to tsc this week to get another when they come in

Sorry to intrude on someone else post I am new and haven't figured out how to post my own. With bantam chicks how can you tell an ee from oeg I want some of those cute little chipmunk pattern to go with my mixed flock of bantam chicks have a couple silkies, 2 yellow chicks, 5 black some have black legs and flat spots instead of little combs, 1 porcelain colored D'Uccle and a white cochin missing a toe. I don't know what any of the black ones could be or the 2 yellow chicks that look like they're turning all white. One of my black ones is turning grey by the feathers. We got one little chipmunk but it died a few hrs later it was very tiny and wobbly when we got it so were going back to tsc this week to get another when they come in

I tried had some trouble with my phone, that's the only internet I have. I tried researching chicks when I look up pics on bantams that cute little chipmunk pattern shows up on several types, its so confusing. And my black ones I cant find any info on them if they will stay black, what some having black legs and a little flat black bump for a comb means. I got them at tsc in a mixed tub so I am stumped on most. The 2 silkies were easy 5 toes and extra fluffy lol 1 is blue grey the other is brown and red, the D,Uccle was easy it has fluffy cheeks feathered legs and was a yellow and grey. None are very old the youngest we haven't even had a week the oldest we had 3 weeks it was the last bantam there so they let us buy just it, we kept it with our regular chicks till we got it friends. The newest barely have any wing feathers some are starting to get tail feathers. We have them inside since they're all so tiny. We are in the process of turning an old little tikes play house into there house. This is my first attempt raising chicks regular bantam and we got ducklings. I adore my ducklings they are so sweet, they call out for me will climb into my hands to be picked up they love human interaction and I think they have sort of adopted me as mom, they greet me every time I come in with lots of chatter and tail wagging. I wish I could get the bantams that friendly they run from me everytime I pick them up. I check daily for pasty butt had to clean a few with a wet q tip. I guess bantams just aren't as people friendly as ducklings

Back
Top Bottom