Easter Eggers from Hatcheries

my mom ordered 1 from the feed store back in the late 80s. he never laid a single egg. pretty bird though...here he is with two of 'his' rir girls...

Last edited:
I have one from Ideal that lays green eggs, and two from Mt. Healthy one lays blue and the other pink with brown spots. I have more coming from Ideal and Mt. Healthy next month can't wait to see what they will lay
big_smile.png

Oh, no, I am not disappointed at all. I wanted the all green egg layers. I did not want any of the brown, yellow, pink, or lavender eggs because they all look brown to me. The blue eggs look green to me. So 100% green is exactly what I wanted and I am thrilled with my green egg layers.

Oh I wanted some of those lavender eggs LOL! It was so neat but it looked more like a grey pinkish cast, it was so lovely. Too bad that girl got killed by a predator.

Both my EEs from Ideal lay a bluish-green egg. They're good layers, too, I get a greenish egg just about every day between the two of them. Not my most affectionate birds, though.

From Townline: 2 blue, 2 green

The bluer layers are more buff colored and bigger birds, and their eggs are as big as my Barred Rock. The green layers were more chipmunk chicks and now darker / partridge, and lay smaller and pointy-er eggs.

I got 3 EE's from TSC/ Ideal I think 2 roo's and 1 hen who lays a very pretty tan/pink egg with white speckles.......and she lays 1 every single day maybe she might break 1 tx a week, but I see her egg alot in my basket, so no complaints, she isn't exactly friendly but is social able, you can pet her, but she doesn't like being picked up. she's pretty too

Back
Top Bottom