Easter Eggers from Hatcheries

My 10 EEs are from Cackle, and are just starting to lay.I got 5 colored eggs in one day, 4 green, and 1 blue.I don't know if they have all started or not. I also have RIR, and BA starting to lay, so some of the brown eggs they are getting credit for might be coming from the EE pullets.

I had one EE from Welp Hatchery, via Privett. She laid a yellowish brown egg. We were so disappointed. The other folks that ordered EEs in the shipment with me, all got green egg layers.

I have currently have one bantam Easter Egger from Ideal. She lays green.

Just got 10 from Meyers, I'll let you know when they start laying!!!
lol.png

Has anyone gotten EE''s from Townline Hatchery? It seems the local feed store is ordering from there.

Also does anyone have pictures of EE's from Cackle or Ideal?

Has anyone gotten EE''s from Townline Hatchery? It seems the local feed store is ordering from there.

Mine came from Townline via a feed store. I got two buff colored ones, which are bigger birds, very gentle and lay blue-green eggs as big as my BRs. Then I got two chipmunks which are smaller and much more flighty. They lay med. sized mint green eggs, more pointy. I like both types, including the one that is very dark and exotic looking, aka "Hawk." They will be a year old in a few days, very healthy, started laying at 19-20 wks last summer, stopped laying late Sept. and just restarted last few weeks. Not a winter layer! But hopefully will keep going a long time.

Last edited:
I got 4 survings hens from MPC that are laying now. I get 2 olive green very nice color, 1 is blueish green, and the last one was a dud, white!

I had 3 from mypetchicken.com (which I'm told uses the chicks from Meyer Hatchery). They were all shades of green but one had a yellow tint to the green. I ordered 8 bantams from Cackle a month ago. The box arrived with all dead chicks but I noticed 2 were blue legged EE'ers which usually means they'll lay blue eggs. The rest were yellow legged chicks. Too bad they weren't alive because they were sure cute. I hope the replacement box has even more blue legged/blue eggers. I want a good mix of colors.

Carla

Back
Top Bottom