Eastern Washington

I am so not looking foward to winter here (Spokane)! I like to spend time outdoors cuddling my chickens....not going outside in full winter gear and battling the elements just to feed and water them. I hope they don't mind free ranging in snow, because otherwise it's going to be a long boring next 5 months of huddling under the limited covered area of the backyard.

Quote:
WHEEEE!! Whee-whee-whee-wheeeeeee

Is that like the GEICO pig-out -the -window noise?
gig.gif

Anyone know where in the spokane cda area i can find a barnevelder, black copper marans hen or basically a hen that lays really dark eggs to add to my backyard flock? also looking for one hen that lays blue eggs

Quote:
Hi there, I cannot personally help you. I only have BRs (but I love them). If no one here is able to help you try the Washington Forum. There are a lot of people on it, and they are very knowledgable.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5039962#p5039962

This probably, will take you to the last post, but this is the Washingtonian site. You might find some good information there. Good luck

Quote:
I would have to agree with this. One second it is chickens, hatching eggs, cranky roos....then the next it is biting dogs, rabbits, our favorite horse, and a birthday party gone wild at one of the BYCers. It is a fun group though. And, I, personally have received hen health saving information from more than one of the members during a time of need. It is a good group and lots of information.

Back
Top Bottom