Eastern Washington

Wait..what do you mean, they explode? I have a hen sitting on eggs for what seems like forever and no chicks...but shells and the hen looks like crap.

My hen Sat a small clutch of eggs, she was really stubborn about the last two, I had her in a broody cage, Idk if she stepped on it, or moved it wrong or what, but it popped, and got all over her and the nest and smelled terrible!

Has she been sitting longer than 25 days? If she has and they haven't hatched, then she's sitting on little stinky times bombs!

If it's only been 20 days, then it should be any time now...when she gets off the neat next you might want to check for pips, listen for peeps, maybe candle...try not to move them too much though...

Rotten Eggs build pressure, and they can "POP" When they do it is a stinky mess you will never ever forget. I just removed an egg from a broody and tossed it. Oh so gross.

Rotten Eggs build pressure, and they can "POP"  When they do it is a stinky mess you will never ever forget.    I just removed an egg from a broody and tossed it.  Oh so gross.

It is a smell you will never forget! I remember watching "Charlotte's Web" as a kid, and even though they got the point across when Templeton broke the rotten goose egg in Wilburs pen I could never relate, because I grew up in town and had never smelt it...now I can relate! Lol

6 week old roos

One roo, one pullet?

Pullet?

would anyone be interested in some Yucca

this is what They should look like...

When I moved in here 4 years ago They were terribly over grown...I'd ask my dh to do something about them but he hates them and would just take a chainsaw to them! They're that over grown! You can't tell where one plant starts and the other ends...I'd love to see them go to someone who wants them...
Free...you dig...or chop...or whatever needs to happen...they just need thinned badly!

24 Olive Egger eggs hit my borrowed incubator next week, it's my first hatch! 12 will be coming ask the way from the east coast, and 12 from Idaho. IF the postal service doesn't scramble my eggs and IF I don't botch the hatch in my borrowed Styrofoam incubator (dry hatch? Not dry?) I will have olive egger chicks for sale!

That's a lot of ifs, but leave room in your coop for an Oliver! What's a fair price, straight run ya think?

Back
Top Bottom