Eastern Washington

Just stopped by to say hello. I'm in Walla Walla. I have two SLW's, 3 EE, One barred rock, one white Plymouth Rock, one RIR, and a black australorp. My friend just build me a new coop. I've had chickens for a couple years now and they are very addicting.

Just stopped by to say hello. I'm in Walla Walla. I have two SLW's, 3 EE, One barred rock, one white Plymouth Rock, one RIR, and a black australorp. My friend just build me a new coop. I've had chickens for a couple years now and they are very addicting.

Welcome to the Eastside!

My gals are 5 years old right now, but continue to lay 1-2 eggs every day now that the warm weather has returned. I have 3 hens right now as I've never gotten around to getting more since they changed the laws within the city of Spokane.

Just starting a new coop and run build, it will allow more room for the gals and get them out from under my deck, which is fine, but they dug under the posts holding the coop up and are in danger of taking out an entire wall of the run of it falls! Deciding how big I want the run to be this morning, I want to ensure I can easily house 10 hens so I don't have to keep multiple coops going.

I'm glad to hear that older hens still lay some eggs. I plan on keeping mine for their entire lives. I know they will slow down but hopefully they won't completely quit.

This was from the last 4-5 days! One is a little "egg turd" one-third the size of the rest!

I'm in Kennewick, WA! I'm a fairly new Chicken mama and I love it!

I have:
2 Black Australorps
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
3 Golden Sex Links
1 Amber White

I love my girs but I would like to add 1 more to my little flock. Does anyone know when I could find someone willing to sell me a Silver Laced Polish? I'm really hoping to find someone who has a bunch of them becuase I'd like to have one close is age to my others who are 8 and 9 weeks.

Excited to see this thread, thanks!

I have:
2 Black Australorps
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
3 Golden Sex Links
1 Amber White

I love my girs but I would like to add 1 more to my little flock. Does anyone know when I could find someone willing to sell me a Silver Laced Polish? I'm really hoping to find someone who has a bunch of them becuase I'd like to have one close is age to my others who are 8 and 9 weeks.

This is just a suggestion but I would not add one to your flock. Add two or three. One will just get picked on too much. I have read on here that other chickens will try to pull the head feathers off of Polish chickens. I don't know if this is true but it might be something to look into.

I have:
2 Black Australorps
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
3 Golden Sex Links
1 Amber White

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

This is just a suggestion but I would not add one to your flock. Add two or three. One will just get picked on too much. I have read on here that other chickens will try to pull the head feathers off of Polish chickens. I don't know if this is true but it might be something to look into.
I agree also. It is always best to introduce more than one. I have a little area right next to my main pen that I let mine roam around in for a couple days. They mingle without actually mingling.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom