Eastern Washington

This guy needs a home! He's a black copper Marans. This pic is a little old, his colored feathers are coming in nicely now. I bought him straight run from Simmons in tri cities. He was hatched from an egg sent directly from Little Peddler so he's got great dark layer genes. He's a beaut! Anyone want him?

This is just a suggestion but I would not add one to your flock. Add two or three. One will just get picked on too much. I have read on here that other chickens will try to pull the head feathers off of Polish chickens. I don't know if this is true but it might be something to look into.

I'm in Kennewick, WA! I'm a fairly new Chicken mama and I love it!

I have:
2 Black Australorps
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
3 Golden Sex Links
1 Amber White

I love my girs but I would like to add 1 more to my little flock. Does anyone know when I could find someone willing to sell me a Silver Laced Polish? I'm really hoping to find someone who has a bunch of them becuase I'd like to have one close is age to my others who are 8 and 9 weeks.

Excited to see this thread, thanks!

Hi there! When we added two polish to our mixed breed flock, their heads were pecked so bad. Chickens love those blood veins in the feathers and once it starts, it's hard to stop. Polish are nice chickens so they allow the abuse.

This is just a suggestion but I would not add one to your flock. Add two or three. One will just get picked on too much. I have read on here that other chickens will try to pull the head feathers off of Polish chickens. I don't know if this is true but it might be something to look into.

Hi there! When we added two polish to our mixed breed flock, their heads were pecked so bad. Chickens love those blood veins in the feathers and once it starts, it's hard to stop. Polish are nice chickens so they allow the abuse.
Eek!I'm going to have to do more research. I don't want them bad enough to subject them to that!

This guy needs a home! He's a black copper Marans. This pic is a little old, his colored feathers are coming in nicely now. I bought him straight run from Simmons in tri cities. He was hatched from an egg sent directly from Little Peddler so he's got great dark layer genes. He's a beaut! Anyone want him?

I thought I'd share this thread.. for those wish to give away or sell

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1112603/eastern-washington-north-idaho-buy-sell-and-trade

Hi everyone! I'm new to raising chickens and have found this site EXTREMELY helpful. I'm located in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick) and currently have the following, all 8 weeks old (born 3/1/17):

2 Barred Rocks
1 Easter Egger
1 White Leghorn
1 Rhode Island Red
1 Red Sex Link
1 Rainbow Dixie
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
5 White Silkies

I'm hoping they turn out to be pullets.
fl.gif

Angela

Hi everyone! I'm new to raising chickens and have found this site EXTREMELY helpful. I'm located in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick) and currently have the following, all 8 weeks old (born 3/1/17):

2 Barred Rocks
1 Easter Egger
1 White Leghorn
1 Rhode Island Red
1 Red Sex Link
1 Rainbow Dixie
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
5 White Silkies

I'm hoping they turn out to be pullets. :fl

Angela

Hello, I am in Walla Walla. What is a rainbow Dixie?

Anybody from Walla Walla out there? The animal control person here in town seems to be running an anti-chicken campaign. If there is a complaint about any chickens in the neighborhood she makes everybody in the neighborhood get rid of their chickens. This is according to my neighbor. And I got a notice on my door but I haven't talk to her yet. I think this is utter BS. It's like making everybody get rid of their dogs because one dog bit somebody. So I need to hear from other wall the wall of people and see how your experience has been.

Back
Top Bottom