Eastern Washington

Looks like this thread is a bit slow...I was hoping to find some more chicken people from Spokane area on here. Anyone else from the Spokane area still around??? =)

I am in Omak, but lived in Spokane my whole life, well up till 8 years ago. Ha Ha! And i am often in Spokane. I hear ya thought it is a slow movin thread..

Looks like this thread is a bit slow...I was hoping to find some more chicken people from Spokane area on here. Anyone else from the Spokane area still around??? =)
Hey I live just north of spokane!!
frow.gif

Hi there! My husband and I live on the lower South Hill and are looking to get a few chickens. I'd love to talk to any other Spokane chicken folks! :D

I've noticed not many here are from the Tri-Cities! I'm in Kennewick, born and raised. I envy the green places most here live in! We are getting pretty tired of the wind-tunnel we live in!
I'm new to this chicken addiction and have only had them for close to a year, but my daughter and I love having them...hubby is still not in love with the idea!

Wow, never knew there were so many Spokane people around here.

When I show people my chickens, I get all kinds of remarks.

Person: "What are those?
Me: "chickens..."
Person: "Wow! I never knew chickens looked like that! Is there more than one kind of chicken or something??"
Me: "....."

Person: "Are those chickens?"
Me: "Why yes, they are."
Person: "I've never met anyone whose had CHICKENS before! Are they allowed in spokane?"
Me: "......"

It's nice to know there are, in fact, chicken people around here....and people who actually know what a silkie is.
I'm not as lonely as I thought I was.

Last edited:
Hi! We're in Spokane Valley. We got our chicks from Big R in March. One of them ended up being a roo, so we had to give him away. Heartbreaking. We now have four hens, 3 of which are laying already. They are a source of joy for all of us. The summer has been so peaceful sitting under the big tree watching them peck and scratch. :)

Back
Top Bottom