Eastern Washington

I never thought I would be sooo in to them! It is super relaxing to watch them, isn't it?!
welcome-byc.gif

Yes indeed. I've learned so much! We're going to see how we winter with 4 hens, and if all goes well, we might add 2 more in the spring. I know some folks keep adding and adding. :) It will be hard not to...there's so many to choose from!

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm in Wenatchee and got most of my chicks at Big R, too (they call it Coastal Farm and Ranch here now).
I've literally been sitting out by the coop for days as mine are just beginning to lay and I love to know which egg came from who.

Welcome! I'm in Wenatchee and got most of my chicks at Big R, too (they call it Coastal Farm and Ranch here now).
I've literally been sitting out by the coop for days as mine are just beginning to lay and I love to know which egg came from who.
HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING OK WITH ALL THE FIRES AND SMOKE INFILTRATING THIS SIDE OF THE STATE!!!

Don't laugh --- but (notice one T )

If you take different colored lipstick and use it to mark the vents of your hens, the color will transfer to the egg when it .. uhhh ... passes

OK, go ahead and laugh.

Just putting out some feelers to see if anyone would be interested in a Eastern Washington Poultry Swap? This fall--and/or next (late) spring? We have nothing like that around here (that I'm aware of) and it's needed....
I have never been to one before but would love to give it a shot!!! Do people go without birds just to shop? I may have some to get rid of by then as I think I have an overflow of possible cockerals but I'm not sure how these things work.

Back
Top Bottom