Eastern Washington

We have chickens!
We bought a house with a coop and brooder in the backyard. Also it looks like there a wooden box set-up for raising chicks in the shed next to the coop. It even has electricty to plug in the heat lamp. We're not sure about raising chicks. Anyway we picked up 2 cochin bantem hens today. My 5-year-old is in love with them. Not sure what their egg production will be like, so I'm thinking it might be nice to add a Rhode Island Red to round out our flock.
Oh, I'm in the Tri-Cities.

WELCOME! !! there's at least a couple of us here in the Trikes!! How crazy has this weather been??? 22 degrees last night! !!

Sadly, I lost my Jenni-O (Turkey poult). I think the goslings were too obsessed with their feathers and plucked some out on its rear which made it bleedand then got picked on more. I tried nursing it but had to put it down. Waterfowl and terrestrial are now separated. Lesson learned :'(

We have chickens!
We bought a house with a coop and brooder in the backyard. Also it looks like there a wooden box set-up for raising chicks in the shed next to the coop. It even has electricty to plug in the heat lamp. We're not sure about raising chicks. Anyway we picked up 2 cochin bantem hens today. My 5-year-old is in love with them. Not sure what their egg production will be like, so I'm thinking it might be nice to add a Rhode Island Red to round out our flock.
Oh, I'm in the Tri-Cities.
Welcome!!! I also live in the Tri-Cities :) If you ever need chicks, let me know! My hens tend to want to hatch babies thruout the year. I have Black Sex Link hens and a Red Splash Laced Wyandotte cross Rooster. I get amazing egg layers and very pretty colors from the combo
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I see there is going to be a Chick sale and Poultry seminar this Saturday the 30th at Benton-Franklin Fairgrounds. open 9:00am, free
We are going to go take a look, see what they have.
Now I wish I had a BYC button to wear.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

I see there is going to be a Chick sale and Poultry seminar this Saturday the 30th at Benton-Franklin Fairgrounds. open 9:00am, free
We are going to go take a look, see what they have.
Now I wish I had a BYC button to wear.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

OH .. I should go.

Rusty - is there a link with more information?

OH .. I should go.

Rusty - is there a link with more information?
I don't know how to send the address but craigslist kpr-chicks- farm&garden. hope you can understand these crummy directions, someday I'll learn how to do it correctly.
edt. March 2 & 9

Last edited:
I see there is going to be a Chick sale and Poultry seminar this Saturday the 30th at Benton-Franklin Fairgrounds. open 9:00am, free We are going to go take a look, see what they have. Now I wish I had a BYC button to wear. :jumpy
jumpy.gif
D.gif
I am so upset as I was planning to go for a long time but a concert in Portland came up and DH wanted to make a mini-vaca out of it and I forgot that was the weekend of that show. I talked to the lady in charge and she runs a 4H group called The Leftovers who, I believe, are underprivileged kids that need help in order to participate in 4H projects. They will have raffles, door prizes and auctions along with something called the Serama Roundup. Sounds like fun! Any in the area should go!

Back
Top Bottom