Eastern Washington

Chickengarden, here's "Maxx", the big(150lb) Shepherd. His parents were from Germany, and we got him in hopes of getting a healthier dog without the hip problems. He's the one who has to eat kangaroo because he's allergic to everything else, but at least his hips are strong.
he.gif
The older Shepherd, "Wayne" is a typical black/tan.His hips are fine, and he can and does eat crap and everything else without any problems,

Here's Bonnie on the left. She's the buff Brahma. Maggie is the Light Brahma on the right, and Sophie is the buff in the background. I take them outside everyday for an hour or so for a field trip. They love it, and sleep so good afterward. I can't wait to get them out of the house. Their brooder is in the closet under the stairs.
They'll go out in about 10 days, just as the eggs in the incubator hatch and we start all over again. I don't really know what I was thinking. These chicks don't seem to like me much at all, and I've picked them up, hand fed them, and talked to them everyday. ungrateful, I guess, but at least they're cute to look at.

So much cute!!! I love German Shepherds, they are such amazing dogs.
I miss the fluffy chick stage.

Vicki, he's very beautiful.
You're chicks are darling, too.
I also have not had any chicks who sought out my attention except one. She's a little screwy in the head, though, ha ha. Don't give up the close interactions with them, though. I found that they do sometimes get friendlier after they are mature. (There's a little hen submission thing they do when you walk up sometimes to them where they'll squat and you can bend down and pick them up.)

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited! After losing three of the six chicks during shipment last month, someone from Florida was kind enough to send me some Gold and Blue Partridge Brahma hatching eggs. Since my chick luck was already low, I was sure I'd somehow fail at hatching too, and sure eough for whatever reason six of the seven eggs failed to develop, but the speckled egg didn't let me down! When I got up yesterday am. I saw that it had pipped. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that he finally zipped around and hatched. Daughter, Granddaughter and I got to watch the whole thing. Amazing! I'll post a pic of him later, but just wanted to share my exciting news. Sure do hope I'm able to keep the little guy entertained. He won't be able to join the others until he's closer in size, and they're already a month old.

My husband and a friend spent all weekend building "Chicken Knox" to protect our remaining hens from raccoons. His wife hung out with me and the baby, so I got to make food and have a nap. :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited! After losing three of the six chicks during shipment last month, someone from Florida was kind enough to send me some Gold and Blue Partridge Brahma hatching eggs. Since my chick luck was already low, I was sure I'd somehow fail at hatching too, and sure eough for whatever reason six of the seven eggs failed to develop, but the speckled egg didn't let me down! When I got up yesterday am. I saw that it had pipped. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that he finally zipped around and hatched. Daughter, Granddaughter and I got to watch the whole thing. Amazing! I'll post a pic of him later, but just wanted to share my exciting news. Sure do hope I'm able to keep the little guy entertained. He won't be able to join the others until he's closer in size, and they're already a month old.
That's wonderful Vicki :)

Woohoo! We have achieved eating grapes, blueberries, and peas!

I "share" the grapes with my girls, by biting them in halves then tossing the half to my hens, and they don't run like I'm tossing dynamite at them! woohoo! They didn't even "discuss" eating the blueberries ~ they just gobbled those puppies right up! And the peas... they peck through the shell, and love finding the suprise of the little pea inside! So cute!

So, I wanted to share with those still waiting to share treats with their chicks -- there is hope!
celebrate.gif

Hey guys! I haven't posted on this thread in quite a while... Update!

I'm clicker training Eletta! (See signature) I stopped once I had to find a new home for my original clicker-trained chick (the one I had when I made this account - Clickerchick!)

I'm training her to jump to my arm, just like with my last chick. So far I'm just trying to get her to not be scared of the 1/4 measuring cup that I'm using for treats! XD

Back
Top Bottom