Eastern Washington

Autosexing is a trait that carries through each generation. If you mated sibling together their babies would be sex able at hatch.

Sexlinked is usually only possible in one generation, if you mated siblings their babies would not be sex able at hatch.
I have a i.e. copper marans over cream legbar. I was told o boys would have a dot on the head and be barred.

Last edited:
I have a i.e. copper marans over cream legbar. I was told o boys would have a dot on the head and be barred. And he girls will have a buff face and black bodies.

That's sexlinked. It works since the gene for barring is on the Z chromosome. Hens are WZ and Roos are ZZ so a barred hen gives her Barred Z to all her sons and they get a head dot, daughters get a W and no dot.

Hi from Moses Lake.
frow.gif

Which hens do you still have that need a home?
Hello and welcome!

If you're trying to reply to a specific person you should "quote" them. On the computer there is a button on the bottom right of each post that says quote, if you are on your phone there is a speech bubble with "s in it you can click. Then it will let whoever you're talking too know that you messaged them.

Back
Top Bottom