Eastern Washington

Quote:
Can't wait until we live there. We LOVE snow.

Come on up!
smile.png
Snow isn't bad...it's the blowing wind and -25 or lower temps I could do without!

Anyone want a house roo? My mom's co-worker knows a woman with cancer (needs a transplant of some sort or something) and she has a dark Brahma rooster who's been a house chicken since hatching. He's almost a year old, super-friendly and needs a good home...he's free to a good home.

I can post pics if anyone is interested???

Quote:
Can't wait until we live there. We LOVE snow.

If you LOVE snow then you will love this area.. the last several years we have had more than our fair share
barnie.gif

but I do love the 4 seasons.. and the snow is not so bad as long as the critters are okay..
thumbsup.gif
still snowing in Cheney.. supposed to stop this afternoon though.. then -12 tonight.. glad we got all the horse water heaters ran yesterday (nothiing like putting it off till the last minute
tongue2.gif
)

All my outside birds made it through the night. I just got in from moving the ones in that I could. I have two special breeding quads outside and about 30-40 growing cockerels. Took hours to get them fed and watered this morning.

After I got everyone in that I could I went back inside my big building to check on everyone in there and my pet buff cockerel was dead.
hit.gif
I think he broke his neck sparing with a couple of the cockerels I threw inside......
he.gif

I cried my eyes out! He would follow me up and down the aisle as I fed and watered every morning and night. He was even getting bold enough to chase my kitty away from his cat food bowl. I'll miss him.

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

All my outside birds made it through the night. I just got in from moving the ones in that I could. I have two special breeding quads outside and about 30-40 growing cockerels. Took hours to get them fed and watered this morning.

After I got everyone in that I could I went back inside my big building to check on everyone in there and my pet buff cockerel was dead.
hit.gif
I think he broke his neck sparing with a couple of the cockerels I threw inside......
he.gif

I cried my eyes out! He would follow me up and down the aisle as I fed and watered every morning and night. He was even getting bold enough to chase my kitty away from his cat food bowl. I'll miss him.

OH my gosh.. I am so sorry for you!!! Its so hard to lose a pet.. remember him for the good times
hugs.gif

Denna​

Just wondering how everyone is dealing with all the snow? I'm sure most are used to it. At least it's warmed up for the critters! Does anyone have pictures of their birds and the snow?

It was actually RAINING here last night and 34 degrees! It's really cooled off now though...and all of my birds are now outside (well, their pop holes are open so they have the option of going outside in the snow). I'll have to take some pictures this weekend of my birds in the snow.
smile.png

They are doing pretty good. My Orloffs started laying finally (hatched in May so it's about time!)

Back
Top Bottom