Eastern Washington

You can come get some blue eggs from me. I have a friend in the valley that has a couple marans, so I could get you a very dark egg or too also. She also has white egg layers.

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

You can come get some blue eggs from me. I have a friend in the valley that has a couple marans, so I could get you a very dark egg or too also. She also has white egg layers.

I just wanted to give a good word for you....I have seen your birds and personally bought some Sebbie eggs and one female from you....they are nice stock. Worth the price.
thumbsup.gif

Info for any backyard chicken keepers (legal and illegal) in the Spokane Valley. I received this from the City Council:

I am writing to inform you of action being taken by the Spokane Valley Planning Commission regarding the keeping of chickens in residential neighborhoods throughout the City of Spokane Valley. You are receiving this email because you have previously submitted comments, either in writing or via email, about this issue.

The Spokane Valley Planning Commission will begin studying this issue on Thursday, January 27th at 6:00 in the evening in the Spokane Valley Council Chambers located at 11707 E. Sprague Avenue. Please be advised that this is a study session and Commission will not be taking public comment, but will be reviewing and discussing proposed changes to the code which are being presented by staff. You are encouraged to attend.

A Public Hearing on this matter is scheduled for Thursday, February 10th at 6:00pm in the Council Chambers. During this hearing you will have the opportunity to speak directly to the Commission about this issue. Additionally, all comments received thus far, and up until the Public Hearing will be submitted to the Commission for consideration.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely,
Christina J. Janssen
Assistant Planner
City of Spokane Valley
11707 E. Sprague Avenue #106
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone-(509)720-5333
www.spokanevalley.org
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please plan to attend and help the cause to make backyard chickens a possibility for more folks in the Spokane Valley. I live a block outside the city limits, so I'm under Spokane County jurisdiction, but I'm optimistic that if restrictions are loosened for owning chickens in Spokane Valley (like they already are in Spokane), then the county would be more willing to follow suit.

I am looking for some Black French Copper Marans hatching eggs. If you or you know someone in the area that have some let me know. Looking to show them at the fair/ start my own flock.

Thanks!!

Thought I'd stick my head in the "Eastern Washington" thread and say "Hello!"

I live on Newman Lake. Not far from the Valley or Greenacres.
Currently looking for some chicks to start my 3-4 hen backyard flock!

Already got my coop plans and am about to start building. And have my brooder just about setup.

Mrsbos - I have a friend that lives in Greenacres and he is looking to get some pullets this spring to start a backyard flock. I wasn't aware that Greenacres, being in the county, had regulations. I'll have to pass the public hearing info along to him. Where I live out on the lake... it's rural... and I wasn't aware of any restrictions (other than being a good neighbor!).

Pips&Peeps - I drive by your place all the time. Fun to find a neighbor online. I'll have to stop in and say "hi".

Cheers!

Quote:
I've got project eggs in the incubator right now and a couple started project birds in the brooder that would be very affordable. I also have some black bantam ameraucana eggs in the incubator. Come on by and get some chicks!

pips&peeps :

I've got project eggs in the incubator right now and a couple started project birds in the brooder that would be very affordable. I also have some black bantam ameraucana eggs in the incubator. Come on by and get some chicks!

Thanks for the "show and tell" and answering all my newbie questions this afternoon Jean!

That is a very neat operation you run and those are some very pretty birds you have.

Please let me know if you decide to separate with that beautiful, lavender, "clean-faced", non-standard pullet (hopefully) you have in the brooder. That would make a beautiful hen to look at everyday!

Cheers!​

Quote:
Thanks for the "show and tell" and answering all my newbie questions this afternoon Jean!

That is a very neat operation you run and those are some very pretty birds you have.

Please let me know if you decide to separate with that beautiful, lavender, "clean-faced", non-standard pullet (hopefully) you have in the brooder. That would make a beautiful hen to look at everyday!

Cheers!

welcome-byc.gif

So I've been checking a few local Spokane Valley Feed stores asking about chicks.

Big-R on Trent:
First chicks arrive 2/14... another order on 2/28 also... more after that
They're initial orders are from Murray-McMurray, and Dunlap hatcheries.
They get sexed chicks and straight-run chicks.
They order all the standard layer breeds, some bantams, a few broilers
They do NOT get chicks vaccinated for Marek's

Aslin-Finch Feed (next to Costco):
First chicks arrive 2/28... more orders after that
order chicks from Dunlap hatchery
Getting in 2/28 order: RIR, BO, BR, Red Sex links, Aracuana
All hens ordered
All vaccinated for Marek's

I am hoping to get my few chicks from local folks... but thought I'd share what I learned as other local possibilities with you my neighbors!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom