EcoGlow Chick Brooder

The fuzzybutts love it. They come out, scratch around, eat, drink, and then go huddle under and around it and nap. Repeat. It's like an artificial mom, and I can't help but think that is beneficial to their well being. One already hopped up on top and pooped on it.
Kinda wish I had two. These guys are going to get big quickly, I may need to split them into two groups (unless I can hurry up and get their coop done!) and it would be nice to have one for each brood box.
If you put contact paper on the top of the unit, it will make clean-up in between batches of chicks super easy! :)

Our 2 sets of chicks will be pretty young still -- only 4 and 5months old when the first snows of the season hit out here-- do you think the eco glow would be a good (safe) heat source for the coop ( I am leery of putting a heat lamp right into a wooden coop full of straw!)-- our coop is close enough I could run an extension cord from the garage into the coop so I could power the Eco Glow....

If you think you need the heat in your coop, I would use it,, I would have no problem with the safety factor using this in my coop .

You can raise it up so it sits higher for the bigger babies to go under it, tho mine are right now 6 weeks old, a few of them could fit under it laying down, not sure they would fit if they were 4/5 months old tho

UPS just delivered my EcoGlow20 and it's taken longer to type up this post than put the brooder together. It's infinitely simpler to assemble than some of the toys I've gotten for my kids. I plugged it in to test and the radiant heat does take a while to build up. Now I just need some chicks to put under it!

Our 2 sets of chicks will be pretty young still -- only 4 and 5months old when the first snows of the season hit out here-- do you think the eco glow would be a good (safe) heat source for the coop ( I am leery of putting a heat lamp right into a wooden coop full of straw!)-- our coop is close enough I could run an extension cord from the garage into the coop so I could power the Eco Glow....
I have used it for 4-5 month old chickens in the coop. If they need it, they go under it, but by that age, they usually don't require additional heat.

UPS just delivered my EcoGlow20 and it's taken longer to type up this post than put the brooder together. It's infinitely simpler to assemble than some of the toys I've gotten for my kids. I plugged it in to test and the radiant heat does take a while to build up. Now I just need some chicks to put under it!
Woo-hoooo!! Bring on the fluffy butts!

Look at this trio of bad boys up on top:lol: I do suspect these ones could be roos...they have all taken a peck at me when I caught them

43b560fd.jpg

I forgot contact paper while out. Blargh.

Back
Top Bottom