EcoGlow Chick Brooder

Safety is exactly why I bought the EcoGlow. I've kept fish and reptiles for many years and actually had to call the fire department once for a small fire that started in an aquarium light. If I hadn't been home when the fire started I'd have been totally burned out. Just the peace of mind alone was worth the cost of the EcoGlow. Who wants to be at work all day worrying about a fire hazard.

I wish I had known of this earlier--- I would have had such peace of mind with it on and when I am am away (3 days in a row this week) with just the (not interested) husband and daughter (very interested but she is only 9) to tend to the chicks....Could not find a local dealer, or even 1 day shipping for this product and waiting10plus days for it wont work (the chicks will be 2 weeks old by then and mostly off the heat) night temps should be up to 70's by then it will be 103 tommorrow during the day...)...

Safety is exactly why I bought the EcoGlow. I've kept fish and reptiles for many years and actually had to call the fire department once for a small fire that started in an aquarium light. If I hadn't been home when the fire started I'd have been totally burned out. Just the peace of mind alone was worth the cost of the EcoGlow. Who wants to be at work all day worrying about a fire hazard.
Eggsactly, Tina!

I wish I had known of this earlier--- I would have had such peace of mind with it on and when I am am away (3 days in a row this week) with just the (not interested) husband and daughter (very interested but she is only 9) to tend to the chicks....Could not find a local dealer, or even 1 day shipping for this product and waiting10plus days for it wont work (the chicks will be 2 weeks old by then and mostly off the heat) night temps should be up to 70's by then it will be 103 tommorrow during the day...)...
It really is worth every penny I paid for it and I know you would love it too. If these are your first chicks, trust me that there will be more, so don't hesitate to order it for the next time! BTW: I have a special coupon code for 10% off products at Brinsea, if you'd like to use it, just PM or email me at: [email protected] and I'll give it to you. Best wishes on your trip!

I read this thread a few weeks ago, back when I planned to get chicks next year.

Well, I ordered one Sunday from MPC. I hope it gets here soon...some of the eggs a friend gave me seem kind of far along....

I just can't stomach the idea of a heat lamp in my house with my four crazy kids. :/ Seems like a fire just waiting to happen or someone getting burned if they mess with the chicks without being careful. (I was right next to one of my kids when he fell and broke his arm, so anything can happen no matter how much supervision you give them).

I wish I'd gotten the 50 instead of the 20....

It really is worth every penny I paid for it and I know you would love it too. If these are your first chicks, trust me that there will be more, so don't hesitate to order it for the next time! BTW: I have a special coupon code for 10% off products at Brinsea, if you'd like to use it, just PM or email me at: [email protected] and I'll give it to you. Best wishes on your trip!

Thanks for your concern Kathy, I rigged up a lamp on the outside of the dog crate that seems OK (safer, and warm enough so that they are hopping around eating like crazy)so if I can see them through this weekend (they will be a week old on Tues) I will feel over the hump.... I am hoping-- with 19 chicks that next year we will be able to hatch out some chicks the old fashioned way ( although I have been reading the posts and I know this isnt as easy it seems...) I would probably buy more day olds with the Brinsea however, ... I will have to see....But thanks!

I read this thread a few weeks ago, back when I planned to get chicks next year.
Well, I ordered one Sunday from MPC. I hope it gets here soon...some of the eggs a friend gave me seem kind of far along....
I just can't stomach the idea of a heat lamp in my house with my four crazy kids.
hmm.png
Seems like a fire just waiting to happen or someone getting burned if they mess with the chicks without being careful. (I was right next to one of my kids when he fell and broke his arm, so anything can happen no matter how much supervision you give them).
I wish I'd gotten the 50 instead of the 20....
Brinsea is a sponsor of my blog and Facebook page and they sent me an EcoGlow 20 to review and I very quickly bought a second one to have available for a second brooder (I'm a hatch-a-holic, after all. lol) You will be amazed at how very little time they spend underneath the EcoGlow, just as they spend very little time under mother hens.

I have the 20 and being a hatchaholic also, I forsee having to get a second one. I'm trying to space out my hatches for now so I can have one set brooding at a time. But incubating is so addicting!

Back
Top Bottom