EcoGlow Chick Brooder

I also referenced another post of yours today. I had to tape up a chick that developed spraddle leg! I was so thankful I had pre-purchased some Vetwrap. :)
I'm so happy to hear that! Are you a follower of my blog? If not, please join me and you'll get all the newest content directly to your inbox! http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com
How is your spraddle leg chick doing?

I need your advice. I am ready to buythe Eco Glow but trying to figure out the size I should get. I know I want to buy one Eco grow 50 but I was thinking about also getting two of the smaller ones for my smaller brooders. The little ones look so tiny. Do you guys think they can fit 15 chicks? That's about how many I have in my smaller brooder. I know they advertise that it can fit 20 chicks but the pictures look so small. Here are pictures of my brooders: This brooder I am going to buy the larger one for sure. It measures 5 feet by 3 1/2 feet. I keep about 20-25 babies in this one. I have a few brooders this size that I keep about 15 chicks in. It measures 4 feet by 3 1/2 feet. Do you think the smaller Eco Glow would work?

It does appear small and I understand your concern but consider how many baby chicks fit underneath a mother hen. They all snuggle up together in the least amount of space possible. I have two of the EcoGlow 20s and use them all the time with quail and chickens. By about 3 weeks old, many of them aren't even sleeping underneath it anymore. See this little one? I took this photo the other night and he's only 10 days old. It'll work for 20 chicks with no problem.

I need your advice. I am ready to buythe Eco Glow but trying to figure out the size I should get. I know I want to buy one Eco grow 50 but I was thinking about also getting two of the smaller ones for my smaller brooders. The little ones look so tiny. Do you guys think they can fit 15 chicks? That's about how many I have in my smaller brooder. I know they advertise that it can fit 20 chicks but the pictures look so small.
Here are pictures of my brooders:
This brooder I am going to buy the larger one for sure. It measures 5 feet by 3 1/2 feet. I keep about 20-25 babies in this one.

I have a few brooders this size that I keep about 15 chicks in. It measures 4 feet by 3 1/2 feet. Do you think the smaller Eco Glow would work?

I need your advice. I am ready to buythe Eco Glow but trying to figure out the size I should get. I know I want to buy one Eco grow 50 but I was thinking about also getting two of the smaller ones for my smaller brooders. The little ones look so tiny. Do you guys think they can fit 15 chicks? That's about how many I have in my smaller brooder. I know they advertise that it can fit 20 chicks but the pictures look so small.
Here are pictures of my brooders:

This brooder I am going to buy the larger one for sure. It measures 5 feet by 3 1/2 feet. I keep about 20-25 babies in this one.

I have a few brooders this size that I keep about 15 chicks in. It measures 4 feet by 3 1/2 feet. Do you think the smaller Eco Glow would work?
Hi,

It's funny to run into you here. I have had 13 under one of my 20s. When they got bigger, they kind of spilled out from under it, but they were ok. That large of a number of chicks in a small space will generate a lot of heat.

Next year I need to get one of the 50s.

Ron

I'm so happy to hear that! Are you a follower of my blog? If not, please join me and you'll get all the newest content directly to your inbox! http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com
How is your spraddle leg chick doing?

I am a follower :) I named him/her Cowboy because of the bowed legs. Within the hour he was up and "walking" eating and drinking. Now, he can do this little pegged leg run with the other chicks. It is too funny.

I am a follower :) I named him/her Cowboy because of the bowed legs. Within the hour he was up and "walking" eating and drinking. Now, he can do this little pegged leg run with the other chicks. It is too funny.
Good for her,that's great to hear!

I just took the plunge and ordered an EcoGlow 20 direct from Brinsea last night. I'm slowly buying all my chick supplies in anticipation of the coop build. I figured if I spent $76 on the brooder I couldn't "chicken" out on the poultry project. It was $59 + $16 shipping. About comparable to Amazon.

I just took the plunge and ordered an EcoGlow 20 direct from Brinsea last night. I'm slowly buying all my chick supplies in anticipation of the coop build. I figured if I spent $76 on the brooder I couldn't "chicken" out on the poultry project. It was $59 + $16 shipping. About comparable to Amazon.
Tina, that is the smartest purchase you will ever make for your chicken-keeping hobby. Ya just can't put a price tag on safety. Heat lamps burn down homes and barns every single year. You will LOVE the EcoGlow. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom