EcoGlow Chick Brooder

Hey Gryeyes you have put my mind at rest! thank you. They will be in my bedroom for 2 weeks as i did with my ducks. I just worry they wont get enough or too much heat, I will leave it on lowest setting until they get to big then move in higher. Did you find ecoglow 20 better than a heat lamp?

Dean, I find the EcoGlow units to be at least a thousand times better than using heat lamps!! I will never use heat lamps again.

I own two EcoGlow20s and one 50 unit and have used them for over two years and LOTS of sets of chicks and even a few turkey poults. Oh, and some ducklings and goslings, too.

I use both sizes of the EcoGlow brooder as well.
For me the EcoGlow relieves me of the 'worry' that comes with using a bulb.
I no longer have to worry about a burned out bulb during the night, or a possible fire, or the lamb falling or breaking, or the light being too bright 24/7, or the light being too hot, etc., etc., etc.
The chicks can move under the brooder if they feel they want some warmth or protection.
Now I wish they would make a see-through EcoGlow, so we can watch the bitties while they sleep.
big_smile.png

Many thanks everyone, So excited for them too hatch, about 11days to go I think! Looking forward to seeing them snuggle under the Ecoglow brooder. :)

How eggciting!!!
I just hatched 7 of 8 eggs in my Mini Eco Manual incubator. (First time ever and using my own Easter Egger eggs.) I had the incubator in my closet and was able to put a humidifier in there while they were hatching. When I had 4 babies wrecking too much havoc, I was able to grab them and just pop them under the EcoGlow 20 I had set up next to the incubator in the brooder box. Those babies calmed down and took a nice, long nap under that EcoGlow!!!
My babies are 8 and 9 days old now. Very active, zipping all over and under!!!
Many thanks everyone, So excited for them too hatch, about 11days to go I think! Looking forward to seeing them snuggle under the Ecoglow brooder. :)

wish I had gotten one. We adopted chicks from my son's preschool and they had the ecoglow and it looked so awesome! And so much safer with the kids. But I didn't feel I could spend the $ on it for just 3 chicks. But I am not a fan of the lamp. . .makes me nervous and I dislike that it's so bright at night,

Love my Ecoglow for my 4 baby chicks. They are 5 days old now and sleep under it a lot. They come out to eat and play and then go right back. So glad I bought it!

Hey I read your comment, I have just bought an ecoglow 20 to brood 13 bantam chicks im getting as day olds. Do you need to check temperatures or set it at certain temperatures? Im a bit worried about that and whether the little ones will be too cold or hot.

Dean
There is no need at all to worry about temperatures, Dean. The chicks will hang out underneath the unit when they need additional warmth and will mill around when they don't. As long as you're using it in a room with an ambient temperature of at least 60°F, you're good to go!

[COLOR=000033]I use both sizes of the EcoGlow brooder as well.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000033]For me the EcoGlow relieves me of the 'worry' that comes with using a bulb.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000033]I no longer have to worry about a burned out bulb during the night, or a possible fire, or the lamb falling or breaking, or the light being too bright 24/7, or the light being too hot, etc., etc., etc.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000033]The chicks can move under the brooder if they feel they want some warmth or protection.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000033]Now I wish they would make a see-through EcoGlow, so we can watch the bitties while they sleep.  :D [/COLOR]

X2
My reason was it was cheap insurance for my little girls getting severe burns from a bulb or worse yet a fire and losing everything. I absolutely love my ecoglow 50

Back
Top Bottom