EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

good morning
trash day, need to get it out before seven, back later
frow.gif

YOU? Have no eggs?

For close spaces I use a regular fishing net. A friend also gave me a large goose catch net that needs more room to maneuver. The handle broke in half before I got it but it's still functional. I need to put a new long handle on it.  It's similar to a big fishing catch net.
I also have a professional type leg hook that works pretty well except I only use it on birds I'm going to butcher in case I cause a leg problem.

You're creating hatching issues before you start.

I don't get what makes up the turning mechanism or isn't it mechanized?

I use one of those in a grow out coop in case they get to POL before I put them into a normal adult house.

Quote:

I did like it. I'm from MO. Some parts of the state have outstandable grammar and creative wordsmiths. :th
I have outstandable grammar too! :lau

Quote: @Chaos18 I doubt it during the day
Thanks for the help earlier. I am sorry I was in and out, but I had a very sick doe.
@Sally Sunshine @campingshaws @Chaos18 and any other goat owners.
The goat that got sick about the first of September came down with goat pollio again. If you have not read about goat pollio and Listeriosis I advice you do so. They appear very similar and you should treat for both because if you wait for test results the goat will be dead. This doe both times just seemed a bit off less active/stable last night and was down and unable to get up this morning, thrashing and stargazing. I did not bother checking her temperature since I have seen this before. I immediately gave her B complex with Thiamine. You need to give a big dose. I also gave multi min. If you are unsure which it is treat with penicillin too in case it is Listeriosis. Then give probiotics.
I only had this generic stuff (pictured) since I had used up all the stuff from the vet. She had me give 40cc. The goat is still weak and weaving a bit, but she is up on her own and walking. I am so glad that I had it as I sat there holding her propped up a bit feeling helpless.

PLEASE keep a fortified B complex and/or Thiamine on hand! It can within hours mean life or death!!!!

Aww that sucks, and yes I have that here also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom