EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Well, Rocky is no more. After thinkin even harder for a bit I decided it just wasn't worth it.
sad.png

I'm so glad my neighbour will do this sorta stuff for me....
hugs.gif

The creepy thing was that after I took Rocky over to get killed, my other neighbour knocked on my door asking if I knew the owner of a stray white silkie roo.
hide.gif

I knew who it belonged to, thankfully, and he had gotten kicked out coz he was mean to the other roo. But the owner didn't have a pen, so I now have... Another white silkie roo in my basement.
gig.gif

If he didn't have a different comb, it would have been kinda freaky, coz they're nearly identical otherwise.
you were probably like OMG hes come to haunt me!!!

Quote: that is weird, and one ugly bird too lmao

Thanks for the help earlier. I am sorry I was in and out, but I had a very sick doe.
@Sally Sunshine @campingshaws@Chaos18 and any other goat owners.
The goat that got sick about the first of September came down with goat pollio again. If you have not read about goat pollio and Listeriosis I advice you do so. They appear very similar and you should treat for both because if you wait for test results the goat will be dead. This doe both times just seemed a bit off less active/stable last night and was down and unable to get up this morning, thrashing and stargazing. I did not bother checking her temperature since I have seen this before. I immediately gave her B complex with Thiamine. You need to give a big dose. I also gave multi min. If you are unsure which it is treat with penicillin too in case it is Listeriosis. Then give probiotics.
I only had this generic stuff (pictured) since I had used up all the stuff from the vet. She had me give 40cc. The goat is still weak and weaving a bit, but she is up on her own and walking. I am so glad that I had it as I sat there holding her propped up a bit feeling helpless.

PLEASE keep a fortified B complex and/or Thiamine on hand! It can within hours mean life or death!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the help earlier. I am sorry I was in and out, but I had a very sick doe.
@Sally Sunshine @campingshaws@Chaos18 and any other goat owners.
The goat that got sick about the first of September came down with goat pollio again. If you have not read about goat pollio and Listeriosis I advice you do so. They appear very similar and you should treat for both because if you wait for test results the goat will be dead. This doe both times just seemed a bit off less active/stable last night and was down and unable to get up this morning, thrashing and stargazing. I did not bother checking her temperature since I have seen this before. I immediately gave her B complex with Thiamine. You need to give a big dose. I also gave multi min. If you are unsure which it is treat with penicillin too in case it is Listeriosis. Then give probiotics.
I only had this generic stuff (pictured) since I had used up all the stuff from the vet. She had me give 40cc. The goat is still weak and weaving a bit, but she is up on her own and walking. I am so glad that I had it as I sat there holding her propped up a bit feeling helpless.

PLEASE keep a fortified B complex and/or Thiamine on hand! It can within hours mean life or death!!!!

Oh wow, I can't believe she's alive!! :hugs

Quote: Maybe he'll get nice when he gets to know you.
Or... maybe he would be delicious in a soup with carrots, onions, and mushrooms...

OMG, I laughed out loud for a long time on this one. What would sexting a chicken even look like?!
lau.gif

@Sally Sunshine @campingshaws @Chaos18 and any other goat owners.

Thanks for posting this. I will eventually have goats, good to know.

And in other news... My face was feeling warm, so I went and looked - I got SUNBURNED today!!! Go figure...
ep.gif

I decided on a Lord of the Rings marathon over Thanksgiving - watching Fellowship tonight. (I actually read it over Christmas every year, but was in the mood for the movies.)

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom