EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Um... long periods where it won't go under around 85, sometimes doesn't go below 90. Sleeping can be uncomfortable.

It gets that hot here,100+, for a few days, sometimes, in our two months of summer, I'm not going to complain about our cold no more, nope, sub-zero temps in winter definitely has to be better than living in death valley in summer...
1f602.png

Last edited:
this thread so funny! Love this BYC

frow.gif

show off!!!

Thank you all for being so supportive! Locking down this early morning! I will be on chick watch for the next few days!! I am putting more updates on my trial of the Brinsea Maxi II Advance and my nervous hatch on this thread if anyone is interested:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1159413/approaching-first-hatch-and-super-nervous
fl.gif

We don't get no breezes...
th.gif
lol this sounds like I wrote that! muwahhahhaaaa

Hatch update/question: I keep hearing lockdown day 18...it's 4 hours into my day 18 and I think my Brinsea time keeper is off. I know I put them in at 9:45 pm on March 22, but several tiny power outages later, my machine isn't flipping to the next day at that time anymore. I think it's because I didn't know to clear the indicator that the power had been out on the display. ANYWAY...I was just trying to figure out what to do when I spotted 3 little wiggles in the bator. I hope I did the right thing: gently removed them, took turner out, put hatch mat in, topped up water, laid them back in so they are touching. Does anyone think I've done it too early? I hope I haven't totally screwed it up. I was just afraid the machine would be turning all night with wiggly eggs which might be worse...??

Ugh!!! So stressed!!!
hang in there
hugs.gif
, stop stressing, its their time to do their thing now, you have done what you can..... GOOD LUCK!!

Quote: lol and I hate sleeping in anything above 70 I like a cool bedroom, I dont think I could make it unless I sleep in a pool! Guess I should stay north eh?

Good morning everyone.
frow.gif

Yep I'm up really early. Thought the clock said 4:30. Oh well

More eggs hatching the last two DC are still trying day 23 If they make it it will be 9 of 12 still 7 is awesome. Shipped eggs. 9 made it to lockdown.
The last dark egg from Marans mix hatch last night at the start of day 23 so all 5 of them hatched.
4 of the 7 Altsteriers have hatched.
hope they hatch!

I was reading about traveling the entire Grand Canyon in National Geographic. That would be so awesome!!!
People don't attempt it though, and the one's that have tried, try around fall close to winter...? It's freezing cold then, but can still get 100+ day time temps...all other months 100+ all day every day temps...

"Of those that have hiked the entire canyon, only 12 have completed it nonstop, and just 12 have completed the jigsaw hike over time via sections. For comparison, 12 people have stood on the surface of the moon, 5,000 atop Mt Everest."

It gets that hot here,100+, for a few days, sometimes, in our two months of summer, I'm not going to complain about our cold no more, nope, sub-zero temps in winter definitely has to be better than living in death valley in summer...
1f602.png

I was reading about traveling the entire Grand Canyon in National Geographic. That would be so awesome!!!
People don't attempt it though, and the one's that have tried, try around fall close to winter...? It's freezing cold then, but can still get 100+ day time temps...all other months 100+ all day every day temps...

"Of those that have hiked the entire canyon, only 12 have completed it nonstop, and just 12 have completed the jigsaw hike over time via sections. For comparison, 12 people have stood on the surface of the moon, 5,000 atop Mt Everest."

Great comparison. It looks like there are many hikes a person can sign up for.

:frow
show off!!!

:fl

lol this sounds like I wrote that! muwahhahhaaaa

hang in there:hugs , stop stressing, its their time to do their thing now, you have done what you can.....    GOOD LUCK!!

lol and I hate sleeping in anything above 70  I like a cool bedroom, I dont think I could make it unless I sleep in a pool! Guess I should stay north eh?

hope they hatch!

:frow
One of the last DC I had marked with a question mark at lock down. It's trying to hatch upside down and looks bloody. Not helping this bunch especially this one it was a larger egg to start than the rest. If it were one of mine I would not have incubated it. But beings it was shipped and so few I put it in. It's almost half way through pipping and would have started sometime in the night.

Edited to say that the last 2 DC have hatched. The large questionable eggs chick is a mess though. What looks like yolk but could be poo on it. Still upside down in half of its shell. So it's out just not about yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom