EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

\

I never said we would send all of Texas to the island. Just the parts I listed...

I also told her you could move before Island residency became mandatory...NO ONE ELSE THOUGH!!!

Thank for the picture of The Future Mrs Ralphie... I just love her bank accounts!

Plucking is way easier than skinning, I just throw them in my little machine let them whirl for 15 seconds and they are plucked free of all feathers...
I added the part about all of Texas, because them scorching hot places really mess with the brain... Crazies down there, I tell ya.

Plucking is easier, IF you have that handy dandy little machine.

Ummmm..., but "scray" isn't. Sparkle, would you like us to correct your grammar and spelling as part of your homeschooling? (Just asking - we'll probably do it anyway - just wait until ChickenCanoe comes back...:lau)

- Ant Farm[/QUOTE]

:)\)

He's been running around like a demon breeding hens left and right. The booger takes down my 8yr old hen every 10 minutes. She's taken to running to me for protection whenever I come outside.... He's now locked up where he can't be a pest.

Oh, I dunno, just fear of the unknown, I guess... I'm like that. I spend 3+ months researching everything and still manage to make hash out of everything the first time around.

Eviscerating correctly is a large part of it. Chaos' explanation didn't help much. :lol:
That's partly why I think starting with something like quail would be easier... Smaller, so easier to made dead, and you just pull the breast meat out instead of worrying about gutting.

I'd be a lot more willing to do it if I was able to snag someone to help me. I'm going to have to ask around.

PM'ing you.

Sorry - I was out a lot of yesterday with "pre-migraine" and then this AM with migraine. (AKA, "So that's why I felt so weird yesterday..."). Just finished read back.

Yup. Hung them in a cone, and just opened it, put it around the neck with curved part in the front, and snapped shut. They got a bit bruised from the death throes in the cone, so for the last few I hung them in a feed bag with a hole in the bottom. It's supposed to have replaceable blades, but I can't find where to buy them - but the blade on it is reversible so you can flip it over if it dulls. I'm going to call the manufacturer to see if I can get some replacement blades.

With guidance from several old threads, the Ball book, the USDA website, and most importantly, the wonderful MC, I have just pressure canned my very first chicken (canned the drumsticks in quart jars). MC is writing an opera about the delights of pressure canning, and I'm going to sing all the duets with her - it's gonna be great! :cool: Thighs are next (though I may hold some back to make curry).

- Ant Farm
:lau :lau

Are you worried about eviscerating right? What's been your trouble? Do you need me to talk you through it? There are also good videos.

:clap But you know, much of San Antonio is like that. SOOOOO much better than living on the east coast, IMHO. People around here have trucks and boots because they NEED trucks and boots. And mow the lawn in a cowboy hat. :rolleyes:
The videos aren't helpful very often.
I have pictures of DH riding the lawnmower in full leathers and do rag. We'd just gotten off the bike, and he wouldn't let me use the riding mower. So he got off the bike, and went right to mowing. :D I got into trouble for showing the photos to our biker buddies. It was worth it!

Back
Top Bottom