EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Yep same here. Summer here is so freaking hot that if you don't get things outside done by 10 AM you are pretty much done for the day until evening temps cool things off a bit.

Usually things here are also pretty brown by September but we have had just enough rain to keep things green.

We have 9 cords of firewood chained, split and in the barn. The garden area is plowed for the winter, I got construction work on the coops mostly finished. All we have to do is clean the wood furnace and we are good to go. Bring it on Mother Nature!
September can be the worse part of fire season.

:eek:
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 8.42.59 AM.png

Yep same here. Summer here is so freaking hot that if you don't get things outside done by 10 AM you are pretty much done for the day until evening temps cool things off a bit.

Usually things here are also pretty brown by September but we have had just enough rain to keep things green.

We have 9 cords of firewood chained, split and in the barn. The garden area is plowed for the winter, I got construction work on the coops mostly finished. All we have to do is clean the wood furnace and we are good to go. Bring it on Mother Nature!
Nine cords?! I hope that's for at least two years.

It seems to me that we have a VERY similar weather!
I'm beginning to see that.

Not sure there's any crabgrass here at all. I think it probably gets started whenever lawns are first established at new houses; seeds likely mixed in with the "good stuff". That would be my guess, but I may be way off base.
Water here is from a canal. All the seeds along the canal get watered into my yard. Canal water is bulk rate. City water to the house is metered.

Back
Top Bottom