EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 8.54.54 AM.png

Surely you're not watering in the heat of the day. I give you credit for being smarter than that.

Correct, most watering is done with drip system and not the normal drip system it plugs up too easily with the dirty canal water. Pvc pipes with holes and everything is on battery operated timers. Best water pressure from gravity fed canal water is early morning and at night. Thus the timers.

Edited to say I just make sure things were watered from the timers sometimes the batteries quit.

Correct, most watering is done with drip system and not the normal drip system it plugs up too easily with the dirty canal water. Pvc pipes with holes and everything is on battery operated timers. Best water pressure from gravity fed canal water is early morning and at night. Thus the timers.

Edited to say I just make sure things were watered from the timers sometimes the batteries quit.
Sounds pretty efficient. Do you still get deep root systems?

One question
Why all this pepole don't just fill containers from their tap water?
We personally, filled a 400 gallon tank, large jacuzzi tub and a standard bath tub. Frozen gallon containers in our freezers. The storm has shifted and now we will be on the strong side of the winds. Anxiety is setting in. We have trees to contend with.
:barnie:fl:th:oops:

Sounds pretty efficient. Do you still get deep root systems?
I think so. The orchard waters overnight and will last through the heat for about 5 days. Any run off goes to the pond that the wild life enjoys. Two does with twins and one doe with triplets. Turkeys and other miscellaneous critters.

Corn and potatoes have done well. It's usually too hot for tomatoes to set unless I get them in early spring then the ones that set last into the heat.

Back
Top Bottom