EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

wait yes, can you just remove the part at the probable pip area?
I'm gonna try!

Eggs are set! Hope I have a serama broody at the end to take any chicks I get! I sure don't want no brooder in the house right now!

I may add her egg from today yet if she sets me one

7810699579595314520%253Faccount_id%253D2
How much are you selling your eggs for??
My bff DESPERATLY wants some chocolate egg laying marans! I actually bought her two cuckoo marans from the local farm store this spring...but they had a very bold coyote who came into the yard (they have 3 large breed dogs running around! how this happened I have no clue!!:he) and snatched one of the maran pullets. Then the very next day a hawk ate the other. :barnie They bought a guardian anatolian/pyraneese dog but it's still a puppy in training. ANYWAY! (I'm a rambler!) She told me to let her know if I saw any. If you think it's too far to ship well, do you know anyone closer that would have some???

I'm gonna try!

How much are you selling your eggs for??
My bff DESPERATLY wants some chocolate egg laying marans! I actually bought her two cuckoo marans from the local farm store this spring...but they had a very bold coyote who came into the yard (they have 3 large breed dogs running around! how this happened I have no clue!!:he) and snatched one of the maran pullets. Then the very next day a hawk ate the other. :barnie They bought a guardian anatolian/pyraneese dog but it's still a puppy in training. ANYWAY! (I'm a rambler!) She told me to let her know if I saw any. If you think it's too far to ship well, do you know anyone closer that would have some???

She just gives them away to anyone that wants them....there is no sell here....:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I skipped 5 pages to get here..so if you insulted me.... View attachment 1170283 I missed it......
View attachment 1170283

If you gave me a compliment you can post it again.. I am low on compliments and self esteem today as it appears God is punishing me with the weather.... I am 100% positive someone, some way, Banty is behind this...My Awesomeness bothers her...
Serves you right for the sludge you sent MY way!

Been prepping for the new roofing on the big egg house that Irma destroyed. While the trusses are naked we are installing bird block on the rafters to keep the birds on the perches and not the ceiling.. Tired of getting poop rain dropping on us.
DH fell while walking on the ridge and landed sideways on his arse. Big massive bruise. He kept on werking.. It is a 14ft drop to the ground. Could have seriously hurt him or worse if his butt didn't stop the drop... He's getting old. He built the monster house but when he was a little younger...
Bird block is done. Roofing tomorrow. Film @ 11.
20171026_154752.jpg
20171026_154726.jpg
20171026_154743.jpg

You neglected the fish!!! oh the shame!!
that's great on the stepson!! OUT OF THE HOUSE and a nice girl to boot! all wins!
so a normal female male hatch ratio... you going to eat what roos don't sell?
I am ashamed. I got so caught up with raising chickens, that I let the tank conditions slide a bit. Nothing that can't be undone. I even added another (rather expensive) fish... a Koran Angelfish. It's still a baby, and it will go through many color changes before it's an adult...

20171026_184356[1].jpg

Definitely a win-win situation with my stepson. He went from a meth addict ex-con to a productive citizen of the community in less than 2 years. I'm very proud of the progress he made! And having him out of the house after 2 years? Even better!!! LOL!!!

I'm not sure what age the male reds become too tough to eat, but I'm raising them out to at least 10-11 months of age to see how they finish out. While they're dual-purpose birds, I'm more interested in getting a return on my investment than eating them. At least that's my goal. This 6 month old fellow caught my eye today, so I caught him and checked him out. He looked far enough along to make a judgement on him. I liked what I saw, so I put a band on him. He's now a "candidate" for next year's breeding season. Time will tell if he makes the final cut.

20171026_171413[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom