EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good evening everyone!! Congrats on the hatches!

My brood momma is still doing a great job. I love that I have NO chicks in my house. My favorite mottled little chick is possibly a girl. I had 7 blue SBs, 2 splash. 1 splash and several of the blues are getting some distinct combs. 1 splash, my mottled blue and a couple of others are missing any sign of a comb. They are only 3 weeks old, so I am not kicking anyone out just yet. But I'm hoping!!

I didn't really want to buy a new chicken coop. I want to someday expand my silkie pen. But, I belong to a farming co-op on facebook. You buy chances on things, and if your number is called you get the item. I bought a few chances on a coop. $20. I won it. :wee So, now I have this coming.
27073117_10213009830458740_5465789866459778538_n.jpg

This is much nicer than what my silkies currently have, so I have to figure out how to integrate this with their current coop. Not bad for $20.....
Could not happened to a more deserving person!!!!

my incubator reads 3 degrees different from top to bottom. weird I know and it has a fan.
Should i put the little eggs( silkies ) in the bottom turner or top. I would assume where it is cooler.
3 degrees is a lot. Are there any leaks/ wide open vents?
Are you doing the 2 readings at the same time?
If so maybe switch the thermometers over and see if the difference persists. A degree difference in 2 thermometer calibrations will be exaggerated if there is a small real temp difference, and switching will tell you that.
In any case you don't want to put in any eggs till this is sorted.

A computer would be helpful. :lol:
Ours is a Missouri 8-Ball rules league. So it isn't too confusing. The APA 8-Ball rules are way too confusing. Rather than keep track of each win/loss, they keep track of every shot.:he
Hang in there, sounds like you guys are doing quite well.
In pool it seems like we all click one season and nosedive the next. Up, down, up, down, and so on.
My son started playing in the league too. His team had a bad first season and they won it all the next. He won the final game of the season that put his team on top and won the last game of the playoffs.
He and his team are having a bad start to this season now. He just needs to get used to the fact that you can't win them all. It is nice playing with him every week. We usually practice together two or three times a week too.

I am sorry, I find it hard to keep up with this thread these days. My campaigning is taking a exorbitant amount of my time.

Then when the first post I need to read is from "CC"......all I can think is..... HE TOOK A CHICKEN TO THE VET!!

Making it impossible to read further because of the tears in my eyes...
ad65eb19b6292cb9b5076923db03761b.jpg ffff - Copy.jpg

I am sorry, I find it hard to keep up with this thread these days. My campaigning is taking a exorbitant amount of my time.

Then when the first post I need to read is from "CC"......all I can think is..... HE TOOK A CHICKEN TO THE VET!!

Making it impossible to read further because of the tears in my eyes...
View attachment 1250660 View attachment 1250661
Poor guy, he's going to hear about this non stop for the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom