EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

HPIM0396.JPG
My new $900 yard ornament. I guess that's what it is; still can't split wood with it. :rant
Better than a truck or car up on blocks, anyway.

Why can't you split wood with it?
Oh! You haven't been following the saga, I guess. Maybe it's all on WV's thread.
I bought it last week; it got delivered Tuesday, unassembled, with no manual. A friend of mine got it assembled w/o a guide, and the factory sent me a pdf, which, among other things, said to cycle the ram a couple times in the upright position, to distribute the hydraulic fluid, then add the remainder of 5.5 gal. to the reservoir. Ain't happening; ram won't move. After trying a couple other things, the current Customer Care opinion is a bad or loose pump. I was told that the proper guy at the local service facility wasn't available Friday, so here I sit with half a cord or more of wood to split that a wedge & sledge won't touch, getting more torqued by the hour. The factory folks, regardless of all the platitudes they throw at me, couldn't give a chit less that I can't get anything done; they know I'm not about to be jumping up & down on the boss' desk in Colorado.

Last edited:
Oh! You haven't been following the saga, I guess. Maybe it's all on WV's thread.
I bought it last week; it got delivered Tuesday, unassembled, with no manual. A friend of mine got it assembled w/o a guide, and the factory sent me a pdf, which, among other things, said to cycle the ram a couple times in the upright position, to distribute the hydraulic fluid, then add the remainder of 5.5 gal. to the reservoir. Ain't happening; ram won't move. After trying a couple other things, the current Customer Care opinion is a bad or loose pump. I was told that the proper guy at the local service facility wasn't available Friday, so here I sit with half a cord or more of wood to split that a wedge & sledge won't touch, getting more torqued by the hour. The factory folks, regardless of all the platitudes they throw at me, couldn't give a chit less that I can't get anything done; they know I'm not about to be jumping up & down on the boss' desk in Colorado.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. When is the proper local guy available?

No, I haven't kept up, skipped ahead. A friend of Deb's came to visit, I lasted a day then headed to the lake cottage. Came home, weather has been nice, been busy working outside.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. When is the proper local guy available?

No, I haven't kept up, skipped ahead. A friend of Deb's came to visit, I lasted a day then headed to the lake cottage. Came home, weather has been nice, been busy working outside.
Nobody's told me. I know them; bought two 48" mowers from them years ago. They're farm implement dealers, and they're no doubt busy repairing farmers' machinery this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom