Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egg binding

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Injury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
I just went downstairs and she was standing normally and there was poop on the crate floor. No panting and she shies away from me as usual. I can't tell if she's all better yet, as she's just in a crate, but she is standing, walking and showing interest in water. :wee

Last edited:
I just went downstairs and she was standing normally and there was poop on the crate floor! No panting and she shiescaway from me normally now!!!!!! I can't tell if she's all better yet, as she's just in a crate, but she is standing, whaling and showing interest in water . Woohoo! :weee

That's good news.

-Kathy

It could be dehydration or a vitamin B2 (riboflavin) deiciency, or she may have cocci. I would either treat with vitamins and electrolytes for the vitamin deficiency, or I would start her on Corid. She also may have been injured in some way. Chickens can have all sorts of things that can affect them, but getting dehydrated perhaps from being kept from water by another chicken, can really cause problems fast. Here are some poultry vitamins with electrolytes and here is the Corid if you decide to use them:

801-1025-2.jpg
323053_7.jpg

These two are fed orally 1 to 3 ml daily by mouth

719853-20151015210304-durvet-vitamins-and-electrolytes-for-livestock-and-poultry.jpg
801-1030-2.jpg
15046.jpg

These 3 are put into the water

web_corid-grp.jpg

Last edited:
There was a full, clean water bowl in the coop that night. Hope I don't have a bully.
When you say by mouth, do I just use a dropper? Thanks everyone for all your help.

Last edited:
Ok.... That night there was a full, clean water bowl in the coop. Hope I don't have a bully.
When you say by mouth, do I just use a dropper? Thanks everyone for all your help.
Yes, just pull down on the beak, squirt some in, and let her swallow, then put more in... Cocci doesn't always cause blood in the stools, but it may cause runny stools. I would hold off on the Corid, but get the vitamins with electrolytes. If she is drinking well, offer some soft chopped egg, and you can try adding liquid to her feed to make it like oatmeal. They usually love those.

Back
Top Bottom