Egg Bound Chicken, PLEASE HELP!!

Here's her backside. I clipped a bunch of feathers yesterday since some had poop and mud on them so that may be why they look so all over, not to mention she had her first bath yesterday. Is this how it's supposed to look?

Looks a little red, but that makes sense she's probably sore. Some people use perpetration H that would help swelling and maybe if the swelling goes down the shell etc would come out. Also epsom salts in the bath water may be soothing. Did you check inside her at all ( yuck ) but hey maybe you could get the shell out ( gently) just a thought

Looks a little red, but that makes sense she's probably sore. Some people use perpetration H that would help swelling and maybe if the swelling goes down the shell etc would come out. Also epsom salts in the bath water may be soothing. Did you check inside her at all ( yuck ) but hey maybe you could get the shell out ( gently) just a thought

I was thinking about preparation h and ill try that next if she leaves the box again without laying. I went inside last night and I felt what I think is the egg and it was more than an inch in, assuming it was the egg. I just went in again less than an inch and I didn't feel anything. Epsom salt also sounds good so I may try that later on. Thanks man

Just have her some preparation h in and around her vent. She's been nesting for about an hour so far and if she doesn't get it out ill give her some manual contractions and then the Epsom salt bath.

If nothing comes out soon maybe you should check out some other possible causes of those symptoms. Egg peritonitis maybe... But she did pass yoke like poop right? I just don't want to steer you wrong...

Well the good news is she did lay the egg and she seems to be fine.. Yeah yesterday some yellow diarrhea came out but I'm wondering if that was the vase,one I put in the there and it just leaked out. I read somewhere that egg peritonitis would mean the eggs come out with diarrhea veins running through them which she did not have. The thing with the yellow stuff that came out yesterday was that she really sister poop it, it just sort of leaked out so I don't know for sure what it could have been.

Me too lol I was so scared for her. I'm definitely going to make sure she has enough calcium in her diet from now on :) I also have one of those chicken guides for dummies and I think ill read that too.

Back
Top Bottom