Egg bound

This site has been so helpful. You are extra fortunate to have casportpony offering her help. She is so knowledgeable and has helped me often and doesn't even know it. LOL...Kuntrygirl is another that has such helpful threads.

So sorry, my mistake... I see where you said you gave her calcium. You need to get her hydrated, then try to get that egg out. She'll need 30ml of water or Pedialyte per 2.2 pounds.

-Kathy

Thanks Kathy...I've been keeping her hydrated. She fights me like crazy but that's good. She is really fiesty and strong!

Thanks Kathy...I've been keeping her hydrated. She fights me like crazy but that's good. She is really fiesty and strong!

If you're giving her 30ml per 2.2 pounds every 6-8 hours she's getting enough, but most people don't understand that that's what they need. Any less and she'll probably be dehydrated unless she's drinking on her own.

-Kathy

Okay...help! Gave her the exam. I can not insert my finger. All I can can do is move around the entry. The egg is there but it feels like something (membrane) is in the way of me touching it. She acted like it hurt too. I lubed all around as much as I could. I encountered poop. No blood or yoke. Gave her more calcium and she's soaking now.

Back
Top Bottom