Egg prices WILL rise again

Regular gas is $3.25 gal, milk is $3.99 a gal and Lg. brown eggs like my chickens lay are almost $3 a doz.

Kelly
---------------------
5 RIR's and 2 Mutts

I am glad you started the goat thing! I have nigerians that I have debated milking. Is it realistic? Can you just do it once a day without a kid? There really isnt to much information on the exact process on the internet, just the fact that you can do it....

If she is milking now you can keep milking her. If she isn't milking now you need to breed her and let her have a baby and she will then be making lots of milk. Then she will milk out for the rest of the year. Dry her off before she kids again and let her rest then wash rinse and repeat.

championny it's O.K. that you started the goat thing, as long as they don't start laying eggs like some people think rabbits do.

Uh.Oh, now comes the rabbits

So, I have two, I can alternate them each year or so..how much milk can I get--meaing how many months post baby can I milk her? Safely? In your opinion.....

Get yourself a good book - Storey's Guide to Dairy Goats. It has everything in it you need to know and then some!

8 - 9 months then have her freshened again - some milk longer. I have one that milked 2 years on one kidding.

Prices today
barnie.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

Gas $3.41, brown eggs 3.39 last time I was at the grocery store, $2.79 for generic white eggs. Can't wait to get the garden in and have the chickens laying!

AMEN TO THAT!!!! I'm waitin on my garden and my chicks. They say that the gas went up on count of Katrina, well that was...2 or 3 years ago. If the Govt' hadn't made such a mess of things I believe it wouldn't be this bad. But................

That's what you get though when you put certain people in authority, cause there heads swell big time. <---This is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom