Egg Skelter

No idea, but bookmarking in case you find out, that is sooo cool!!

Googled, came up with a website, Omlet USA and ebay...
smile.png

http://www.omlet.us/shop/shop.php?product_id=1130&product_name=Egg+Skelter+Cream

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=egg+skelter

Never shopped at the omlet store, so buyer beware, check it out before buying, but good luck getting one that's very very neat!!

I've shopped at Omlet for almost 6yrs. My experience of them is that they are a reliable company. Ok, so I'm UK based and that may make me biased (I'm not though) but I've had excellent service from them - and I spent a tad more than that cost of an egg skelter
wink.png

Manna Pro is advertising them coming to the US and being available Sept 12. I don't know if that means Manna Pro will be selling them for the US customers or not. I am still aggravated because they have never sent me anything for their chick days promo. Sucks, I cut those stupid bar codes out for weeks instead of buying a 50lb bag of chick starter.

Got an egg skelter from Omlet and paid the higher price. It is a nifty gizmo IMO...

Watch the size you get, my birds lay eggs too large for the size of skelter that I got....so I use it to store my FIRST eggs from each pullet once I have them blown out. It is ornamental in my household. I have also corresponded on Omlet forum with the lady who's husband invented them for her own egg needs...and what a nice person. How great that someone's good idea is a commercial success.

Everything that I have bought through omlet has been quality stuff. One of the best things is this heat pad that you heat in the microwave for 5min and then it retains warmth for 8-hours... IMO they are more advanced in the UK about backyard chicken keeping than we are in the USA....but we are catching up.

I had one, hated it! It took up too much room in the fridge & the eggs didn't roll down properly. They would turn the long way & then stop, holding up the other eggs behind it. I had my DH sell it on Ebay. If you're looking for an ornamental way to store eggs, this would work great. I just didn't like it for everyday use. I also had too many eggs for it to hold. Just my honest opinion.

I had one, hated it! It took up too much room in the fridge & the eggs didn't roll down properly. They would turn the long way & then stop, holding up the other eggs behind it. I had my DH sell it on Ebay. If you're looking for an ornamental way to store eggs, this would work great. I just didn't like it for everyday use. I also had too many eggs for it to hold. Just my honest opinion.
So true about the fridge. I spoke with the maker about that exact question, and they reminded me that in the UK, they don't store eggs in their fridges, but rather on the counter. ;O)

Doesn't matter WHERE you are-- your FRESH eggs should go on the counter. Sounds like those in the UK have got it right.

Egg Skelters are now launched in America!!
It's taken nearly 18months, but they are there, and they are Lovely!!
I am biased though!!

Back
Top Bottom