Egg Song! Glorious Egg Song!

I just heard Ida's song and think I have the perfect way to describe her's.  Unfortunately it's going to date me, but oh, well!  Some of you might remember this........remember the song "Surrey with the Fringe on Top"?  It was from the musicial "Oklahoma".  The opening line of that song is what Ida's singing!  "Chicks and ducks and geese gonna scurry, when I take ya out in the surrey......"

Lol I don't actually remember the show, but I do remember it being at a dinner theater that was here for awhile. We went there on a school trip. My aunt worked there and I also remember my cousin calling it Uncle Homer, you know, how kids hear and say things wrong sometimes? Lol We were about 6.
Thanks for the good memory :)

I have six hens 18and 19 weeks and they are making a lot of noise and Combs are red so do you think they are about ready to lay there first egg we have two barred rock two RIR and two red sexlink

My girls started squatting and singing at about 18 weeks right when one of them started to lay. This last Sunday was 20 weeks for them and today I got eggs from all three! First eggs for the two, and the big egg is the early layer's. Aproxiamately her tenth egg.

:D I love it when they do that! Makes it really easy to gently lift them out of my gardens. Also even my neighbours like the egg song! Good thing too as my one bird is very very loud about it!

Hi Daren 11. with the chicken squatting when you went to pet/ touch it, that is a good sign that it will be laying very soon. We have 25 black stars that just turned 18 weeks old. It looks like three or four have started to lay the little pullet eggs that they lay at first. These birds are also squatting if you try to pet them. Also they have bright red combs and wattles as well. It shouldn't be long before they start laying. Good luck and keep us posted.

OK thanks I post more pics soon Yea the combs are red and there wattles are red to so I can't wait thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom