Eggs and more Q & A

Ok end of day 36 air cell still hasn't shifted any,. Should I turn the humidity up anyway? And what's a good number the charts I find say 45 percent humidity is equal to 80 wet bulb humidity. So should I raise it to 45 percent humidity? And if so should i do it now or just keep waiting till that air cell shifts

For hatching ducks, you want anywhere from 65 to 75% humidity... I don't like higher than 75, and lower than 65 they tend to dry too much and get stuck...

For hatching ducks, you want anywhere from 65 to 75% humidity... I don't like higher than 75, and lower than 65 they tend to dry too much and get stuck...

Ok thank you,. And to clarify,. Is that 65 to 75 on what my digital thermo/hydro meter says or are you talking about wet bulb. And,. Tomorrow is day 37 should I bring that humidity up now,. Or still wait till I see that air cell shift

Ok thank you,. And to clarify,. Is that 65 to 75 on what my digital thermo/hydro meter says or are you talking about wet bulb. And,. Tomorrow is day 37 should I bring that humidity up now,. Or still wait till I see that air cell shift

Sorry if I should like an amateur but let's face it... That's exactly what I am. This is my very first egg and I have no idea what this process looks like or what to observe to know if it's going ok

Sorry if I should like an amateur but let's face it... That's exactly what I am. This is my very first egg and I have no idea what this process looks like or what to observe to know if it's going ok

You're fine... gotta ask to learn, right? :)

Go ahead an up the humidity now, is fine... and that's 65-75 on your hygrometer, not wet bulb readings... those readings aren't used much anymore except with large hatcheries, I believe...

Update:. I have the humidity up we are on day 37. Still no changes with egg or duckling internally. Still see it moving so it's alive,. But I have a feeling humidity was to low and it's stuck to membrane on one side of the egg for the last 5 days, while turning it,. It's been on the same side of the egg. Having said that,. If I have humidity high, will the duckling become unstuck from the membrane,. Do I continue to wait,. Do I need to take any course of action?

Oh and still no pip.
We need @RavynFallen

@WVduckchick

When you candle can you see any internal pip? Unless the duckling has internally pipped I don't think your going to help it any by doing anything might actually make it worse. Do you still see veins? if you do it's not ready to hatch.

@crandal

We need @RavynFallen

@WVduckchick

When you candle can you see any internal pip?  Unless the duckling has internally pipped I don't think your going to help it any by doing anything might actually make it worse. Do you still see veins? if you do it's not ready to hatch. 

@crandal

It hasn't pipped internally and there are still veins. I was reading some threads where some took 41 or more days to hatch. I'm just going to leave it alone and hope for the best

It hasn't pipped internally and there are still veins. I was reading some threads where some took 41 or more days to hatch. I'm just going to leave it alone and hope for the best

At this point, I think that's all you can do... :hugs

You fought an uphill battle the whole way with this hatch... don't beat yourself up, we all have to learn somehow...

Back
Top Bottom