Eggs and more Q & A

A nice webpage that gives facts, percentages and sources with regards to where people actually get salmonella (hint: its not eggs
yesss.gif
)

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle....ail/salmonella-in-eggs-weighing-up-the-risks/

Ok 911 need advice today is day 35 duck should be hatching today,. I see it moving in there so I know it's alive,. But it hasn't turned it seems to stay to one side even though im rotating him 3 times a day and his beak isn't in the air cell and I still see some blood veins in the egg,. Shouldnt they be in duckling by now. and I'm just confused. Is it going to die in there do I leave it alone do I try to move it along with hatch somehow. Help me please.

Ok 911 need advice today is day 35 duck should be hatching today,. I see it moving in there so I know it's alive,. But it hasn't turned it seems to stay to one side even though im rotating him 3 times a day and his beak isn't in the air cell and I still see some blood veins in the egg,. Shouldnt they be in duckling by now. and I'm just confused. Is it going to die in there do I leave it alone do I try to move it along with hatch somehow. Help me please.

I am no expert, I have only hatched one clutch of ducklings and one of Bantums but I understand your concern. First, what do you mean by day 35? Are they Muscovy? If so, why are you still turning them? Shouldn't they be in lock-down? Second, I assume it hasn't pipped? I had a duckling do something similar and then he pipped at the wrong end. When he didn't make any progress for over 24 hours I intervened and slowly hatched him over about 16 hours. He is fine now. I also had one chicken I was worried about because he hadn't done anything a day after all the others had hatched. He finally pipped and hatched all by himself, very quickly, a few hours later. So, I would try to wait, he could just be a little slow. I hope you have a happy ending! Hang in there!

Can you get a pic of the air cell? No need to turn it anymore, it should be positioning for hatching... :)

I am no expert, I have only hatched one clutch of ducklings and one of Bantums but I understand your concern. First, what do you mean by day 35? Are they Muscovy? If so, why are you still turning them? Shouldn't they be in lock-down? Second, I assume it hasn't pipped? I had a duckling do something similar and then he pipped at the wrong end. When he didn't make any progress for over 24 hours I intervened and slowly hatched him over about 16 hours. He is fine now. I also had one chicken I was worried about because he hadn't done anything a day after all the others had hatched. He finally pipped and hatched all by himself, very quickly, a few hours later. So, I would try to wait, he could just be a little slow. I hope you have a happy ending! Hang in there!

Yes it's a Muscovy. I was told when I see the air cell take a drastic dip to put it in lockdown and I haven't seen that yet. There's a very small dip and that's it which tells me it hasn't got in position yet. Also, no it hasn't pipped.. I'm hoping for a good ending since only 4 days ago I had 5 that were healthy and I had to go on a trip somewhere bright them with me and used hand warmers to keep temp. They got to hot and I killed them all but this one so I'm praying I get him to hatch. We will see

Back
Top Bottom