Eggs for Sale

Agreed. My family would stop eating eggs if I had to pay $4-5 a dozen. We can go threw 18 a day, EASY.
I can't wait for my ladies to start laying. I'm hoping maybe I can get $2.50-3.00 for my extra eggs.

I am selling mine for $2.00 a dozen for now maybe more later... brown eggs in the store here are 2.19 to 2.39 and there is someone close to where I work selling them for $3.

I checked at my local grocery store yesterday and the price of 1 dozen brown eggs is $1.85. There is noway I would get $4 a dozen.......

I live in a little hick town, so organic is not an option
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

we get $2 a dozen and $3 for duck eggs, we never have to many eggs, someone is always waiting to buy them!

the farmer's market here sells mixed lots of eggs (you might get brown, blue, white, pinkish creamy offwhite, all in one carton. those go for 3.50

people are always asking her for duck eggs too.

Thanks for all the input, I think I will go with $3 a dozen. Sounds reasonable and realistic. Its not like I am making mint -just paying the feed bill and maybe financing future livestock (would love to spend some time researching different breeds of chicken) . More importantly maybe we can turn some store buying egg people on to fress eggs. Thanks to all for your help.

My birds are free range -but I don't think my feed is organic - I am sure it is not - I am buying Layena (purnia product) from the Co -op. Interesting about the diffrent color eggs - I have a lot to learn. When I was growing up on a farm 25 years ago chickens were just chickens there wasn't this much to learn, it sure is fun though.

If you live outside of Indy, I would say you would probably get at least $4 a dozen for them. Just don't put the price on the sign, and try selling them for $5. If they bawk at it then drop it down...
smile.png

<edit> Probably better to put the sign out on Friday afternoon...when people still have their paychecks in their pockets, before hitting the bars!! As far as the dates go, I don't think it would matter if you kept writing the dates on them. Some people would probably like the idea of knowing when the egg was laid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom