Eggs from my injured pullet

cheeperchick

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 12, 2013
NM
Hi everyone. I separated by RIR pullet about a week ago from being injured by my cockerel overmating her. She was really bad under her wing but it looks like its starting to heal up. She stopped laying for a few days and today I noticed this...could it be that she is under stress from being isolated? I ordered some hen saddles and they should be in a couple of days. She's 7 months old.

Lighter on one end:

Specked/spotted on the other. Spot feels a little rough.

Nah, I'm just putting antibiotic spray on it every couple of days and keeping her separated. I tried putting her back with the rest of the flock and my dumb roo jumped on her, scratching her again! I'm hoping the saddles come in soon.

Nah, I'm just putting antibiotic spray on it every couple of days and keeping her separated. I tried putting her back with the rest of the flock and my dumb roo jumped on her, scratching her again! I'm hoping the saddles come in soon.
I wrapped my hen in gauze and vet wrap while I waited for her to heal. She had a wound 3 inches wide from a rooster. Poor thing. Coconut oil really, really helped.

Back
Top Bottom