Eggs In the Incubator

Latest update...I still don't have any pips and still can't hear any peeps but the eggs have definitely moved. I marked all of them with an X and the marks have moved. There isn't any smell in the incubator either. I'm going to give it a few more days.
What day are the eggs on? Oh I hope you have some hatch!!!!!!

I decided to intervene tonight. I opened up the air cell ends of what eggs I had left. I had a total of 8. Two were dead already and 2 were trying to do an internal pip. I helped them get to some air. The last 4 were all turned toward the wrong end. I was able to turn two of those ones around without damaging any veins. The other 2 didn't make it though :( So, out of the 20 I started with, I will be lucky to have 4 survive. I don't like to intervene but I've lost an entire hatch in the past by waiting too long to help out. At this point I am going to invest in a better incubator. The Styrofoam one I'm using isn't very reliable. I will get pictures if/when they hatch all the way. Thanks for listening :)

Thank you, me too. I'm so worried about them. They are all still breathing after 2 hours of being left alone. We'll see how they fare through the night.

I'm new to BYC, but I read your posts and story about what you've been going through, and sure hope they do ok and are ok in the morning. I have 8 in a LG bator on lock down right now...Its my first hatch. And I think I am more nervous than when my grandkids were being born. I have no idea how my first attempt at starting a flock will go. I've worked hard at it...but there is still SO much I don't know, and I know I've made a few mistakes.
I'm worrying myself sick over a few things, that I think I will go post questions on another thread here. Good luck. Sounds like they have a good Mother hen!

I'm new to BYC, but I read your posts and story about what you've been going through, and sure hope they do ok and are ok in the morning.   I have 8 in a LG bator on lock down right now...Its my first hatch.  And I think I am more nervous than when my grandkids were being born. I have no idea how my first attempt at starting a flock will go.   I've worked hard at it...but there is still SO much I don't know, and I know I've made a few mistakes.
I'm worrying myself sick over a few things, that I think I will go post questions on another thread here.  Good luck. Sounds like they have a good Mother hen!

I just put my 7 eggs for lock down too
I'm so nervous & worry about humidity..... I start with 70% hope good enough
Last time I cand the air cell not really different from the day 14 ....hope I don't drown my chicks
1f623.png
1f623.png

Only 1 survived the night and I'm just sick about it. The others seemed good last night all of them were breathing with a few chirps here and there. It's always hard to decide to intervene or not. I don't think any of them would have survived if I didn't but now I feel like I'm the one that killed the ones I tried to help. They're so fragile. At least 1 is left, hopefully it will pull through.

Back
Top Bottom