Eggs sold on eBay as Welsummer and Polish?

Are these the breeds the seller claims?

• Brown eggs: Welsummer

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Brown eggs: other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown eggs: grocery store

• White eggs: Tolbunt Polish

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • White eggs: other

• White eggs: grocery store

• Total voters

Chotii

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Seattle area (Kirkland)
I bought these eggs from a seller on eBay who is running a lot of auctions for "Ayam Cemani", but also other GFF strain breeds. These are claimed to be Welsummer and Tolbunt Polish. I have doubts. If people would not mind offering their experienced opinions?

They do look a little on the light side, but the brown ones could be hatchery grade Welsummer eggs as there can be some variation in the darkness of the brown with hatchery quality Welsummers. The dark spots on them are definitely common to Welsummer eggs. The white eggs could definitely be Polish eggs. They look like the eggs that my Golden Laced Polish used to lay.

They do look a little on the light side, but the brown ones could be hatchery grade Welsummer eggs as there can be some variation in the darkness of the brown with hatchery quality Welsummers. The dark spots on them are definitely common to Welsummer eggs. The white eggs could definitely be Polish eggs. They look like the eggs that my Golden Laced Polish used to lay.
x2

x3

Back
Top Bottom