Eggs turning sideways in Nurture Right 360

Juliemarie04

Hatching
Oct 8, 2022
Can anyone tell me if it’s okay for eggs to get turned sideways in a Nurture Right 360 incubator? Our last incubator had a turning tray where the eggs were positioned upright with the large ends up. I just got a new Nurture Right 360 and the instructions say to lay the eggs down in the turner with the large ends pointed towards the center. This is my 3rd day of incubation and I keep going in there and finding eggs that are turned sideways in the turner. I opened the lid and corrected the eggs the first time but they keep getting turned that way and I don’t want to keep opening the lid. I don’t know if those eggs will roll when the turner moves or just get pushed around. If they get pushed and not rolled side to side are the embryos not getting the movement they need? These are regular size chicken eggs. I’m attaching some pictures.

Attachments

• 4F36059C-1A65-4F35-9A8F-29D3F8C9FE28.jpeg
    4F36059C-1A65-4F35-9A8F-29D3F8C9FE28.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 115
I have occasionally found a sideways egg in my NR360 -- sometimes the larger ones and sometimes the smaller ones.

I just put them back, giving them a turn as I reposition them.

I'm not an expert on this, but I figure that as long we I'm turning them a couple times a day when repositioning them that they're OK. :)

I didn't even notice if it was always the sames ones or not

I don't have that incubator so not familiar with it. For questions like this it is never a bad idea to contact the manufacturer and talk to them.

Does that incubator come with different racks for different eggs. Maybe quail racks, chicken racks, or turkey racks? Are those the correct racks?
I found a number for Harris Farms which makes Nurture Right and left a message. I have not heard anything back from them yet. It just came with one egg turner, so I think this one must be for chicken eggs.

I've never had that issue, but I do put a layer of shelf liner in the bottom on mine. This may help them stay in position.

Test your rotation to see how the eggs are moving push the + and - buttons at the same time, that should make your turner rotate just a bit.
Thanks, I will try adding some shelf liner. I have read that is safer for when the chicks hatch out too. I tried mashing the buttons to test the rotation and saw the sideways eggs are just getting pushed and are not rolling like the other correctly positioned ones. Maybe the shelf liner will help.

Thanks, I will try adding some shelf liner. I have read that is safer for when the chicks hatch out too. I tried mashing the buttons to test the rotation and saw the sideways eggs are just getting pushed and are not rolling like the other correctly positioned ones. Maybe the shelf liner will help.
The plastic flooring of the incubator is fairly slick and toes could possibly get stuck in the holes, so the liner makes footing more stable.

Can anyone tell me if it’s okay for eggs to get turned sideways in a Nurture Right 360 incubator? Our last incubator had a turning tray where the eggs were positioned upright with the large ends up. I just got a new Nurture Right 360 and the instructions say to lay the eggs down in the turner with the large ends pointed towards the center. This is my 3rd day of incubation and I keep going in there and finding eggs that are turned sideways in the turner. I opened the lid and corrected the eggs the first time but they keep getting turned that way and I don’t want to keep opening the lid. I don’t know if those eggs will roll when the turner moves or just get pushed around. If they get pushed and not rolled side to side are the embryos not getting the movement they need? These are regular size chicken eggs. I’m attaching some pictures.
I know this is a little old, but I just found it and have some input. The instructions with my NR360 say to set eggs pointy side to the center, not the large ends. Perhaps that is the problem, or part of it.

Attachments

• 16789320422042245964962275560809.jpg
    16789320422042245964962275560809.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 15
Bobmc914 is absolutely on the ball...the fat end of the eggs need to be closest to the outside edge. Here's mine right now:
B2240C07-B64B-4CCA-8632-12DC42E26164.jpeg

Don't feel bad. When I reset my eggs for this hatch, I didn't reset the day counter correct so my eggs weren't turning for SEVERAL days. Supposed to hatch this week...will see. It's easy to make a mistake; it's awesome the BYC folks are so observant!!! Let us know how the hatch goes!

Back
Top Bottom