Eggtopsy at 12 days (graphic pics)

jaxchic

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 9, 2013
Florida

It died at twelve days. I was curious so I checked it out and thought maybe other people would want to see this, too.

Thank you for sharing, very informative for a newby like myself. I have eggs in the incubator right now, 3 days in and my first hatch. I had planned on doing eggtopsys if any quit growing, I'm thinking that may be a little harder for me to do now!

Mother nature is such a crazy thing. So many things go on in this world and some people aren't able to expierence how magnificent little things can be. It's crazy to think how much goes into the process of a hen hatching an egg and raising a chick and all we have to do is feed and water they just know how to do the rest.

Oh what a shame. It's so sad, they look like such perfect little things. I did some eggtopsies on some of mine that didn't make it as well. I had one like this, maybe a little younger, and some about 7 days old. I have seen lots of deceased embryos from other domestic species and they are just such wonderful little things, it is sad that they died.

so sad...but I am glad you shared. I think it helps me to be prepared, somewhat, for the things that could go wrong with my own hatch.

I just candled day 7 (Saturday) and had one with a ring of death. I tossed the egg, afterwards I kind of wished I had looked so I could see what went on inside there. I couldn't bring myself to do it for fear I would see it still alive, even though I know 100% it wasn't. I hope I don't have to cull any more but if I do I will try to do an eggtopsy.

Last edited:
Although I didn't eggtopsy the two blood ring eggs I tossed the other day, I had done it with my first hatch... The really sad thing is to do this with full term babies who for whatever reason never pip... Had a horrible hatch last time around, my temps were too low and babies all drowned. I didn't take pictures but wish I had, as hard as it is it is all new to someone and could have answered someone elses question.

Back
Top Bottom