Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok yall,

Thanks for your time in this now very informative, not really, but more gang mentality, bullying sense of thread. I came on here as a new chicken person, with all the right intentions to provide my chickens with the best I can give and simply asked if anyone else has an Eglu pro.

Instead I have multiple people echoing the same. Thanks for the professional comments. I will be giving all my chickens to my farm friend and returning my eglu. Yall did it. Another chicken abuser off the road.

Don’t take your hate on prefab coop makers on newbies. Some community.

Not only did this experience kill any bit of confidence in having chickens, but I sure hope no other potential newbie jumps on this thread and finds such inconsiderate and sad expressions of “chicken lovers.”

Ok yall,

Thanks for your time in this now very informative, not really, but more gang mentality, bullying sense of thread. I came on here as a new chicken person, with all the right intentions to provide my chickens with the best I can give and simply asked if anyone else has an Eglu pro.

Instead I have multiple people echoing the same. Thanks for the professional comments. I will be giving all my chickens to my farm friend and returning my eglu. Yall did it. Another chicken abuser off the road.
I gently implore you to read the comments from those that are experienced and want the best for the animal, and the keeper. I almost bought an eglu coop and had lusted after it for a while but then I spent many months reading about coops, space requirements and learning from so many here. I ended up building a coop and run for 3 chickens, with enough space. I do own an omlet auto door and I love it. But please, take the feedback not as discouraging but as encouraging you to learn and grow. We don't know what we don't know, but now you know :)

Don’t take your hate on prefab coop makers on newbies. Some community.

Not only did this experience kill any bit of confidence in having chickens, but I sure hope no other potential newbie jumps on this thread and finds such inconsiderate and sad expressions of “chicken lovers.”
if you're set on the eglu, thats ok! just take it down to 4 chickens and try it out for a while. It should be a bit tight for 4 but not dangerously small for that many.

Ok yall,

We are just telling you that that coop does not have the space needed for the 16 birds you have/want to have. Some people come here to get educated on the healthful needs of keeping chickens, some come to be cheerleaded and praised. I for one won't cheerlead for bad coop designs. Some appreciate the honesty and education, other get offended and leave in a huff.

We are just telling you that that coop does not have the space needed for the 16 birds you have/want to have. Some people come here to get educated on the healthful needs of keeping chickens, some come to be cheerleaded and praised. I for one won't cheerlead for bad coop designs. Some appreciate the honesty and education, other get offended and leave in a huff.
I said I would use it for what Omlet said would fit and if not I have plan B for the chickens that don’t fit. I’m not sure you are reading my posts, but quick to slap hands around here.

In no way are you trying to educate. If you have a problem with said companies, do something about it. In the end, it’s a coop for at least one chicken and provide the safety it needs.

If I try 10 chickens and it doesn’t work out then I make changes. But you won’t understand that because you’re so quick to make judgements.

if you're set on the eglu, thats ok! just take it down to 4 chickens and try it out for a while. It should be a bit tight for 4 but not dangerously small for that many.
Thanks for being the one kind person around here. It’s hard to feel encouraged from people who are quick to jump to conclusions. I did say if it didn’t work out I would find other options. But it’s too late for people to even see that because they were so quick to jump down throats.

I said I would use it for what Omlet said would fit
I did read that and someone else had already pointed out that all prefab companies way over estimate the number of birds for their coops, that they use factory farm space requirements.

And I also liked this post that said it's not the coop, it's the number of birds:

Hello!

Oh please, don't get rid of your birds! Hens are awesome pets!

As long as you are aware that you might need to adjust the coop, I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck with your chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom