EMERGENCT PLEASE HELP hen throwing up brown liquid, what do I do

image.jpg
Can I feed her this yogurt

My hen is throwing up brown liquid and sounds like she’s full of water, she has a little bit of blood on the feathers below her vent
Please get photos of your hen, her vent and her poop.

Find out where the blood on the vent feather is coming from.

Is she spitting up water when picked up handled, when she leans over or is it just coming up?

Is she pooping?

When was her last egg?

Is she molting?

Spitting up water usually means the contents of the crop is not moving very well. What's causing that can be unclear at times - perhaps a blockage in the digestive system, inflammation in the reproductive system or....?

Address symptoms - the crop is not emptying - so provide her with Coconut oil 2X a day, don't massage the crop since it's filled with fluid.
Do provide her with access to food and water.

Please get photos of your hen, her vent and her poop.

Find out where the blood on the vent feather is coming from.

Is she spitting up water when picked up handled, when she leans over or is it just coming up?

Is she pooping?

When was her last egg?

Is she molting?

Spitting up water usually means the contents of the crop is not moving very well. What's causing that can be unclear at times - perhaps a blockage in the digestive system, inflammation in the reproductive system or....?

Address symptoms - the crop is not emptying - so provide her with Coconut oil 2X a day, don't massage the crop since it's filled with fluid.
Do provide her with access to food and water.
I can not find the source of the blood, it’s just there but there’s no fresh blood
She was spitting up the brown fluid when we picked her up, and kept going sometimes on her own, sometimes when we turned her to check her symptoms out
She’s not molting
Her last egg was a couple years ago
And I will use coconut oil

And she hasn’t had fluid for around three hours and has only pooped once in that time, but it got stuck on her feathers so I trimmed them so I could monitor her poop bettwr

Back
Top Bottom