Empordanesa & Penedesenca - Who has them?

I have a Partridge Penedesenca, she is almost 2 months. She is one of my most beautiful and friendliest chickens, she flies onto my shoulder and just wants to sit there. I am really impressed so far and very excited to get some eggs!
big_smile.png
Is there a specific Penedesenca thread or is this the only one? Is this not a very popular bird? I will try and get some photo's of her, this was her as a chick, just a few days old, she has changed sooo much now!

102296_img_2390.jpg

Quote:
I believe MPC gets their eggs from Gabbard farms. Cut out the middleman...

Oooooh I like that website!
smile.png
I haven't hatched eggs yet, would LOVE to!

I have some Penedesenca eggs arriving the end of the week.
My previous attempt at hatching them failed (0 out of 12). 45% humidity for 18 days, then 66% for lock down. They seemed to have lost more weight than the other breeds I was hatching in the same incubator at the same time (and hatched well). I use a Brinsea advancedX.
Any suggestions? Are Penes more porous and need higher humidity?

Eggtopsy revealed 11 non-developped and one that died about day 19. They were shipped together with other eggs that hatched fine. Don't think I can blame USPS.

Any suggestions would be welcome
smile.png
. I would like this hatch to go better so I finally have some Penes to join my Mediterranean crowd.

Quote:
Okay, I do have pics and will try to post it. The 2 darkest eggs were from my partridge penes and the other, slightly lighter shade, were from Wheaton penes.

50991_jan2011_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom